Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bougherra joins Glasgow Rangers for £2.5m

2»

Comments

• Options
    We missed out on Gary Breen, signed for Hereford as he thought they showed more ambition :)

Seriously though, cracking bit of business by the club, all this about us being mugged and weve sold Bent for stupid money, made a profit on Reid having dropped a division and got our money back on Bougherra and McCarthy who both flattered to deceive last season.

For me we just need a replacement centre half and a centre midfielder (probably on loan) to freshen things up and we'll be ok.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Walter Smith owes us for offloading Carl Tiler to us for 850K. . .

Did he not repay the favour by taking Faye for a season?
  • Options
    No. . . . HE'S STILL HERE! lol
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Essex_Al[/cite]Got our money back then!

Mugged! - I don't think so.

Something that certain people will suddenly go very quiet on : - )

Well I hope, and I speak as a Celts fan, that a pre-season friendly was part of the deal although I guess The Huns Teddy Bears get more requests for friendlies than they can ever deliver.

Hope that AFKA is right about his sources whoever they are and whoever it is comes in.
  • Options
    The police would knock back a game against Rangers.
  • Options
    'Well I hope, and I speak as a Celts fan, that a pre-season friendly was part of the deal although I guess The Huns Teddy Bears get more requests for friendlies than they can ever deliver.'

Yeah henners if a friendly is included lets hope that Rangers stick to it Im still waiting for Lazio to turn up.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]The police would knock back a game against Rangers.

No but they would charge an arm and a leg as friendlies are full cost recovery unlike league and cup games.
  • Options
    i think getting our money back on bouggy is a massive result cos when we paid 2.5m for him after his impressive youtube collection of clips he looked a proper player but he didn't appear half that player for us...
    i think there's a decent player in there but maybe we haven't got as good a coaching set up as scunthorpe have to get the best out of players
    anyway talking of youtube any takers for one izzy mcleod at 1.1m
  • Options
    Could not agree more. Whilst the Premiership gets madder amongst the top 4 in terms of inflated price fees, the sort of fees we could command simply by not being in the top flight will have depreciated by default, so in theory we have sold someone who in my opinion wanted to be a defensive midfielder when he played centre half and centre half when he played defensive midfield for a profit. If we sent Rangers video eveidence of his abilities, it certainly would not have included the howler for the third goal at Luton or him pretending to be injured in the run up to Colchester's penalty at The Valley - and personally I preferred Sodje anyway - fingers crossed!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    How then do clubs like QPR & Fulham afford friendlies against the Old Firm?

We haven't had a prestigous team since Liverpool when we first went back to The Valley.

Incidentally, the Daily Record says the fee is £2.7. Wonder where the other 200k is going. . . . .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fulham and QPR have 2 of the richest folks in the world running them i reckon any ob costs could come out of their lunch money where as we dont
  • Options
    QPR were playing Celtic when they didn't have 2 pennies to rub together
  • Options
    I think we did well to get our money back.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]How then do clubs like QPR & Fulham afford friendlies against the Old Firm?

We haven't had a prestigous team since Liverpool when we first went back to The Valley.

Incidentally, the Daily Record says the fee is £2.7. Wonder where the other 200k is going. . . . .

Shhh I need that extra £200k : - )

Until this season friendlies weren't full cost recovery but I agree about having more "high profile" game and would love to see either of the Old Firm or a bigger European club at the Valley.

Personally I think the police and other costs would be outweighed by the bigger crowd but I may be wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Bizarre decision if he had the other clubs that have been mentioned to choose from but the money is ok and thats all that matters!
    How come, West Brom, struggling in the prem, mid table at best, or got play guaranteed European football, and challenging for all domestic honours every season with almost nailed on guaranteed medals in the time he will be there.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]The police would knock back a game against Rangers.

No but they would charge an arm and a leg as friendlies are full cost recovery unlike league and cup games.

Was told by a serving officer that they turned down a proposed friendly with ***tic a few years back on police advice.
  • Options
    Simply because the Premiership is the best league in the world and week in week out Boughy would have been playing against the best players.If Rangers fail to qualify for the CL, he is left playing only a few big games a season and maybe a run in the UEFA cup. By the way i'm not saying this just because he's gone to Rangers, i would think the same if he went to Celtic.
  • Options
    agreed . no one with ambition rather than money in mind would go to scottish football
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]I'm not really bothered that we've sold MB. Nor that we got what we paid for him. I think the most worrying aspect of the Summer Sales over the last few weeks is the message it sends out to the current squad.

6 out (Iwellumo, Bent, Bougerra, Powell, Thatcher, McCarthy) and only 2 in (Fleetwood, Hudson)

We had a HUGE squad last season, so the outs were always going to outnumber the ins this summer. Add to that Shelvey and Racon, who didn't really feature last season, but will be bigger players this year.

I'm 'hopeful' that along with a couple of loans, a defensive 'in' is going to please a few people. The name i heard mentioned from an agent friend we are very interested in is desperately needed, so lets see over the next week how it pans out.
    Ian Harte is avaliable on a free transfer!

Bougherra is go enough to win things in Scotland, but not in England.
  • Options
    I'd prefer Celtic, they'd actually give us a game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    People need to stop trying to get a bite!

Put your house on Rangers to win the league this year.
  • Options
    Your right Mart77, Rangers or ***tic, its the same difference, mid table at best or relegation struggle at WBA or almost guaranteed medals each season, European football each season, whether that be CL or EUFA cup, plus his pal Hemdani, another Algerian is at Rangers, Daniel Cousin, who he played with in France and he knows Jean Claude Darcheville, he would have been mad to choose WBA over Rangers or ***tic IMO.
    its a no brainer for me.
  • Options
    As a player you would prefer to play in front of 50k or 60k in Glasgow and win stuff then 25k at West Brom and get beaten most weeks.
  • Options
    A couple of weeks ago, wasn't there talk of Paddy Powell's testimonial match being put back to next season - and Rangers were going to be the opposition?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chunes[/cite]I'd prefer Celtic, they'd actually give us a game.

You must be a wind-up..if you think Charlton would beat Rangers then you are seriously deranged.......