Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Aldershot Tonight?

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Saw this in Metro this morning.

Didnt know this was on - anyone going??

Comments

• Options
    Might be tommorrow actually : )
  • Options
    Yes, I'll be there tomorrow as Aldershot is just down the road from where I live in Woking. The locals seem to be expecting our full first team squad to turn out, like last year. None have been impressed when I have told them it will just be our reserves, kids & triallists.

Seems a little odd to arrange a friendly for the reserves against a strong team, newly promoted to Division 2 & who will all be trying hard to stake their claim for a starting place next week. I am expecting to see us get mullered!!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Well, as expected, this was a very one sided game, with at least 80% of the game being played in the Charlton half. It was a very young & inexperienced team that Kins put out & it showed. We tried to play some neat passing football but were constantly outbattled for the ball. We were especially weak up front, where Ben Godfrey & Mikkel Jensen had nowhere near enough strength to win the ball or hold it up.

Our best players were Michael MacIntyre in goal, Kevin Tunani in midfield (who looks rather too much like Amdy Faye) & Yado Mambo at centre back. The rest were pretty ineffective throughout,

Still not sure what the point of this game was, as I'm not sure being so soundly beaten (2-0) by a league team will have done any of the players much good. Most looked pretty pissed off by the end & who can blame them?
  • Options
    There's a match report here

http://www.theshots.co.uk/newspage.ink?nid=30085

Who is MacIntyre? A young keeper or trialist?

Not surprising Tunani and Mambo were the best players, they're probably the biggest and strongest players in that team.
  • Options
    Sounds like men against boys, literally.

No worries, the experience won't have done them any harm - and it's what they'll have to come to terms with if they go out on loan.