Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Barry George finally freed

Police were even telling people off the record during the very first trial that they knew he didn't do it but felt they had to convict someone. Finally, the poor bloke has been cleared. I hope he sues the Met for ten million quid. This whole business was probably the worst fit-up job since the 70s.

Comments

• Options
    I was shocked when he was convicted. Our so-called justice system is obviously still open to all sorts of corruption & fit-ups. The poor guy is just one of life's losers who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He deserves everything he is going to get.
  • Options
    the new DNA stuff should eridacte any of this crap.

it was always a flawed conviction - he could well have done it but we'll never know now
  • Options
    about time, as said always was a flawed conviction.
  • Options
    I agree....and anyway a person cannot be convicted because you 'think' they're guilty....it HAS to be proved....and in this instance it clearly never was.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite] The poor guy is just one of life's losers who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. He deserves everything he is going to get.

Totally agree....

It's support he'll need more than money.....
  • Options
    Justice has been done.

And for those that believe in the death penalty, this would be a posthumous pardon that he'd be getting.
  • Options
    Was obvious he was non guilty from ages ago, why on earth would you go to a second re trial.

Will no doubt get a massive payout that we on here will pay for.
  • Options
    High profile case OB under pressure they get it wrong same old ,same old ,same old.

I do believe that there are "people" who should not live amongst human beings. Cant see how in a democracy you have leagly take someones life (unless in a war) more to the point can or could u realy trust our OB to get it right ? CSI is a tv program after all.

The second trial was the Law backing itself up. They knew along time ago he didnt do it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Justice has been done.

And for those that believe in the death penalty, this would be a posthumous pardon that he'd be getting.

Unlikely. If the US Death Row is anything to go by the death penalty takes years to actually implement
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ledge[/cite] he could well have done it but we'll never know now

Isn't that what the point of today was? He didn't do it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was very good in Culture Club..
  • Options

Too right.

We have had our differences on various issues but I'm in complete agreement with you on the death penalty being wrong.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]He was very good in Culture Club..

No, your thinking of Barry Gibb ;-)
  • Options
    Tomas Radzinski?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Charlton Dan[/cite]

Unlikely. If the US Death Row is anything to go by the death penalty takes years to actually implement

Dan, I understand the point you are making but imagine how much worse it might be using your example? Fitted up for a crime he didn't commit, sentenced to death by lethal injection and then having to fight through the courts, not just to clear his name, but to preserve his life.

I'm with BFR and Len on this one.
  • Options
    Yes it's likely that Barry George would still be on death row rather than six feet under, but what of the Guildford four, the Carl Bridgewater four, the Birmingham six etc? They and many other people who had their apparently watertight convictions overthrown and served well over a decade inside would likely have been executed after the appeals process had run its course.