Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pardew - love him or hate him?

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
I've always been a big fan myself. I know some of the things he comes out with are a touch cheesy at times, and perhaps he could bite his lip on occasions.

But you always get a sense that he's an honest bloke.

http://www.cafc.co.uk/newsview.ink?nid=32639

Comments

• Options
    Love is too strong. I have no problem with him being our manager at the moment
  • Options
    i'm a big fan. i went to the open day today and he was brilliant with the kids and really tried to get to as many people as possible to sign autographs. its made me proud to be a charlton fan again, i can't imagine arsenal sending the team to the fans to sign autographs for an hour. tick tock tick tock roll on swansea.
  • Options
    Dont rate him to be honest. i think he makes far too many excuses and i never get the impression that he has much affection for the club or the fans.

I have never bood him, and will always back the team but he thinks he's allot better than he really is.
  • Options
    when he first joined I thought he was the perfect appointment, last year he mucked up big time and may have dented his reputation and at this moment in time I feel for the bloke as everyone is leaving with this mind I think he may just come out fighting this season and see it as a challenge good luck to him
  • Options
    Reading that interview makes everything seem alright again!
  • Options
    Can`t think of a better man at the moment.
  • Options
    neither.

thought he was right man for job when he was apointed. thought he could get us out of the division as he knew it. Now not sure after the mess that was last year, and his strange transfer dealings last season.

said he will be gone by 18th Novemeber think that should be 18th august !
  • Options
    Happy with him-

He's ambitious and knows that if he brings us success it will do his career no harm..

I'm happy with that- i just want to see my Charlton playing with some fire in their belly...
  • Options
    Just read the Pardew interview, 'Fast Dynamic Passing Game' seem to remember we started with that were in the top 5 playing with it, got kicked off the park a couple of times & we resorted to what could only be descibed as 'Not Passing to own team mates Game' which was awful to watch.

Verdict on Pardew - Jury is still out (We'll be watching, very closely)
  • Options
    I was happy when he was appointed.

But I can't help but feel sometimes that his heart isn't in it.....

I think that he brought a lot of pressure on himself last season due to his strange team selections and transfer dealings, and now he probably feels a bit victimised and hard done by....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Totally happy at the moment, has a lot to prove this year and I think he is determined, only time will tell I guess.
  • Options
    Along with everyone I was happy when Les Reid resigned and Pards took over.

Since then he's had a few successes and a few failures but this is the year that he has to deliver - for the sake of his reputation, and our club's future.
  • Options
    Delighted when he came, got fed up with the spin last season, happy to back him in the coming season....I really want to like the guy, but he does put his foot in his mouth ocassionally. Thought he conducted himself and the players superbly today. All Credit to everyone connected with the day.
  • Options
    i like reading what he's saying about varney cos i rate him but he didn't get given enough chances of playing last year.... i've said before if varney plays nigh on a full season next year he'll get 20 goals , you heard it here first!!
  • Options
    very happy with him yes he fucked up last year but i think he can learn from it and be a better manager for it as will those players that were involved and on the purifery of the squad last year.

i am looking forward to it now big time shame i am working 2morrow
  • Options
    Don't rate him, he's been here long enough for it to work. He is the manager and that's what he should do, some of the matches last season showed that he can't.
    When he first came we where 8 pts from the avoiding the drop, we went down with 5 pts to save ourselves, so we made up 3 pts on the other teams around us.
    I would love him to prove to me that he can do the job and would say that he has up to about xmas to do that. I don't think that the club can afford to sack him, so we may be stuck with him if things don't go right.If there was a take over he may then be shown the door.

Roll on the season, so we have something to moan cheer about.

COYR
  • Options
    As BFR said, Pards has to deliver this year. We know it, but more importantly, he knows it too.

There's not much left of the squad he basically inherited and got relegated with - and that's good in it's own way, because they should all be very much onside with Pards - and that will create unity and a willingness to graft for each other.

I've no idea whether the team is good enough to win promotion but deep down, we all want to see a fighting spirit, some good football and a few thrashings of opponents - and that the team give it their best shot.

If Pards can deliver that, with or without promotion, then in my book he's doing his job.