Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Training Session

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Pards seemed far from down during the open training session. Seemed upbeat and cheery - but then, he would wouldn't he. It was a fun experience and a bit of an insight into the way things are done at training sessions - though I'm sure it wasn't totally representative. The main worry was the way in which everyone, especially the strikers, squandered chances in front of the goal. I think that, yet again, that's going to be our main problem this season. Thought that Josh Wright looked excellent today, as he did at Dulwich Hamlet. Is it an in-joke or does Pardew really think that Danny Uchechi is called Danny Okocha? Pards did joke that if anyone had contacts at the Home Office let him know because Danny needs a work permit! Also Pards can't stop calling Therry Racon, Thiery Racon! Not good on names our manager. Thought that Callum Christie, despite his size, has looked top-notch in goal today and Wednesday.

So apparently the team for tomorrow is going to be Elliot, Youga, Hudson, Fortune, Semedo, J Thomas, Jonjo Shelvey, Racon, Wagstaff, Gray, Varney.

Comments

• Options
    Was it just my dodgy hearing, or was he refering to one of the "grey" squad as "Yoda"? (Not talking Kelly Youga here)
  • Options
    Subs for tomorrow look like being Sam, Basey & Fleetwood
  • Options
    With substitutions! Absolutely excellent PR exercise by the club and I'm not just saying that because I know a few people involved, but it really created a feel good factor about the place and certainly sent even this old cynic away fully enthused for the new season. Inspired too launching the new kit on the same day and I reckon that we will have sold more in total having staged today than we would have done had the kit been available in June without doing so. Admittedly we still don't shoot as much as we should, but you could probably read people's views ever since we've been back at The Valley and Whyte, Mendonca and Bent (D) excepted, we've not exactly been blessed with poachers. Genuinely good idea and although sometimes his team selections and comments can befuddle me, well done to Pardew for sticking his head above the parapet and taking the whole thing seriously whilst ensuring he engaged with the spectators.

The number 7 playing for the yellows in the last set of games looked quite handy too!
  • Options
    Did anyone have any thoughts on Uchechi?
  • Options
    is it a card game ?
  • Options
    Danny Uchechi is an excellent prospect with real talent. He's not big, but he's fast and has good control. Always looking for the ball and willing to take people on. Pity that he can't get this work permit thing sorted out. I've heard that he may have to do two years in Europe before he can play for us.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Goonerhater[/cite]is it a card game ?

Heheheheh.

I'll set em up, you knock em down
  • Options
    Looked quite good, as did Yusuf. Wright looks like an old head on young shoulders and Wagstaffe seems to fit in immaculately. Varney and Gray seem to have a good rapport, good that the injured players (obviously Zheng excepted) put in an appearance too.
  • Options
    Very entertaining, only minor negative was that it only went on for an hour and basically finished at 12 instead of 1. Still, as already said, good PR by club and it looked as though the new shirt sales were going well in the shop.
  • Options
    I picked up a shirt...thought the hour went very well...already made a few comments about it on another thread, so I'll leave it there
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Definitely a creative move by the club, they must have realised it would take something inventive to shift charlton shirts with "Carbrini" plastered over them.
  • Options
    There will be some nice pics coming shortly
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]There will be some nice pics coming shortly

Airshow no good then?
  • Options
    they made a bloody racket and one of them looked like it was going to hit some houses!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]There will be some nice pics coming shortly

Airshow no good then?

Not really
  • Options
    Pre Season at the Valley
  • Options
    Some? :)
  • Options
    that first one should read "Hi Pards ------Hi Crabman"
  • Options
    quite a good laugh I thought and Pards came accross pretty well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A good morning and excellent PR. Pardew (who said he prefers to be called Alan rather than Pardew) was signing lots of autographs and having photos taken as where all the squad.

Well worth doing again next year IMHO.
  • Options
    I am glad I went. Very good and I have to say that the squad looked very happy and together. Perhaps they might just surprise us all.
  • Options
    Interestingly, and i don't know if Rock Spectacle noticed it, but a gentleman was sitting in front of us for about half an hour and all he did was shake his head in annoyance at pretty much everything! Was wondering if it was a Lifer?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Interestingly, and i don't know if Rock Spectacle noticed it, but a gentleman was sitting in front of us for about half an hour and all he did was shake his head in annoyance at pretty much everything! Was wondering if it was a Lifer?

Was it me?:-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Interestingly, and i don't know if Rock Spectacle noticed it, but a gentleman was sitting in front of us for about half an hour and all he did was shake his head in annoyance at pretty much everything! Was wondering if it was a Lifer?

Golfie? ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]

Was it me?:-)

It wasn't u Len as i had the pleasure of making your acquaintance today but the fellow in question was reading a book called something like 'Sick Puppy' so maybe that will narrow it down.
  • Options

Well if he was gentleman, then he couldn't have been a Lifer........... (!)
  • Options
    how tall was he it might have been Reams
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]they made a bloody racket and one of them looked like it was going to hit some houses!

are you on about our strikers shooting or one of the planes in the air show?