Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Can we have a new category please?

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
"Rumour & speculation as to why the club is apparently 'in the shit' "?

Then I can filter it out.......

Comments

• Options
    lol
  • Options
    Yes please
  • Options
    Great idea. Could we also consider a new category called Rose tinted spectacles.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    SHG......no ones got RTS as far as I can see...but some folk are by nature glass half full merchants, whilst some(such as yourself) are glass half empty.
    I know what I am and always have been in life and I'll wager with you that I'm a lot happier for it matey!
    Football can be very very odd at times and seemingly from adversity and the most hopless situations comes success....who knows, yes it's not looking too good right now and I certainly wouldn't put money on us being promoted but ya never know old son....ya never know!
    If you think you're fooked from the word go, then you'll simply get nowhere.
  • Options
    Good points Sound buddy but in general I am in fact a half glass full person. There are times though when a continual insistence that everything is hunky dorey just ain`t gonna cut the mustard. A one view vision of life is not the answer. I just call em as I see em.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Good points Sound buddy but in general I am in fact a half glass full person. There are times though when a continual insistence that everything is hunky dorey just ain`t gonna cut the mustard. A one view vision of life is not the answer. I just call em as I see em.

I don't think anyone is saying that things are "hunky dorey", let alone continually doing so, - you are putting words in the mouths of others. Clearly things are not good, but what's in question is not whether you are a glass half-full/empty type of person, what's at stake is whether the board are taking the right decisions, and we won't really know that for awhile. In the meantime the relentless negativity from the keyboard experts who have no access to any facts is getting boring.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Good points Sound buddy but in general I am in fact a half glass full person. There are times though when a continual insistence that everything is hunky dorey just ain`t gonna cut the mustard. A one view vision of life is not the answer. I just call em as I see em.

I don't think anyone is saying that things are "hunky dorey", let alone continually doing so, - you are putting words in the mouths of others. Clearly things are not good, but what's in question is not whether you are a glass half-full/empty type of person, what's at stake is whether the board are taking the right decisions, and we won't really know that for awhile. In the meantime the relentless negativity from the keyboard experts who have no access to any facts is getting boring.

What BFR said
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]Great idea. Could we also consider a new category called Rose tinted spectacles.
    I'm not wearing RTS & sometimes I'm glass half full, sometimes half empty.

What I AM, is fed up with this argument taking place in just about every thread on the board - you're even trying to hijack this one!!!

All I'm asking is that these arguments are kept in one place and those of us that don't want to read them anymore can ignore them a lot more easily by filtering out the category.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

Nail on head BFR! Please everybody take a reality check and start looking forward to our exciting team that has a wealth of home grown talent and will soon set the CCC alight!
  • Options
    I have been beaten into submission and will crawl away and sit in my corner.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well said FB it is like the get pards out bollox and the board are cretins shite from mid season it is doing my nutt in
  • Options
    at least we're still fifth
  • Options
    that did get very annoying too but it was great watching it drive NSS mad and i made sure i mentioned it whenever i could
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]at least we're still fifth

We're 7th at the moment- not even in the play off places!

Sort it out Pards!!
  • Options
    Unbeaten though, Len ....... and yet to concede a goal
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Unbeaten though, Len ....... and yet to concede a goal

Aint scored one either though ;0)
  • Options
    Oi Mart, I wear RTS ......don't want any of your realism on here.

Then. of course, it is meant to be a 'half glass empty' board .......

;o)
  • Options
    Can't we just have one called THE CLUB AINT IN THE SHIT SO LETS MOVE ON.

I've just been listening to Five Live and they referred to a survey of Premier League clubs and it seems that 44% of clubs expect to make a loss this year. Our club, thanks to prudent management and the deep pockets of several directors will have achieved what virtually no club that has fallen out of the Premier League after a number of years has achieved, namely a solvent low debt club with a decent squad including some great youngsters. I for one think that is worthy of praise, if not of celebration.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite]Can't we just have one called THE CLUB AINT IN THE SHIT SO LETS MOVE ON.

I've just been listening to Five Live and they referred to a survey of Premier League clubs and it seems that 44% of clubs expect to make a loss this year. Our club, thanks to prudent management and the deep pockets of several directors will have achieved what virtually no club that has fallen out of the Premier League after a number of years has achieved, namely a solvent low debt club with a decent squad including some great youngsters. I for one think that is worthy of praise, if not of celebration.

Can everybody on the board please read this.
  • Options
    I see your concerns, Guru.

But if we start off negatively, it will affect the players, and it it affects the players....

We know the rest. From last season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I certainly do not lay claim to the pedigree of most of the supporters on this site and, relative to most here, have only just come to be obsessed with the club. I also rate Madjid and ZZ higher than the average Charlton fan and will not be thrilled with a squad that does not feature them in the starting XI come November. Nevertheless, I am probably more disappointed with the repetitive tenor of the arguments that seem to encroach on every single Charlton-related thread over the few days. The sky is falling/has fallen. The point's been made.

Although there is little reason to care or be concerned about my preferences, I started coming to this forum last year because it was the best way to follow what was going on with the club once they were not subject to EPL level scrutiny. I came here today to read about how things transpired at The Valley from those who were fortunate enough to be able to go and while heartened to learn that there were favorable impressions left on all who attended (particularly of Luke Varney), most everything else posted seems to have been infected, in some measure, by the same apocalyptic conjecture, with practitioners that quickly become defensive/sarcastic when asked to stand down.

I am, frankly, jealous of most here given your proximity and my distance. Regardless of what else takes place before Swansea, I am excited about the opening of the season. Reading first-hand accounts of what is taking place feeds that enthusiasm. Reading conspiratorial hyperbole -- where the name of the club could be cut and paste from any number of teams (in any number of sports) around the globe -- seems like an unnecessary distraction. As such, although I understand the suggestion to be tongue in cheek, I would fully support a new category for all such commentary.
  • Options
    College - my original sugestion was definitely NOT tongue-in-cheek. You've just managed to put it all far more eloquently! :o)
  • Options
    a solvent out of debt championship team..for how long?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: razil[/cite]a solvent out of debt championship team..for how long?
    Razil, this is exactly my point - every thread is being "infected" by this discussion.

It's worse than the "Top 5 songs" threads that were taking over the board 2 weeks ago.
  • Options
    well,we are still 7th.