Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Zheng Zhi

Comments

• Thats how i see it VM i would swap him for a strong centre mid to join jon jo
  • ZZ is on a two year contract and this is his last season.

As above with his being at the Olympics and missing the first few games by when the window will be closed (though that depends on how far China advance) and possibly having an injury problem I can't see any club wanting to sign him. However come the next transfer window if we aren't in a promotion position I can see Charlton being prepared to listen to any offers rather than let him go on a free.
  • Waggot said at City Addicks that Charlton were taking a new contract out to China for him to sign, to extend his stay, maybe they did and he has turned it down.
  • West Brom set to land Charlton's Zheng Zhi
    tribalfooball.com - August 02, 2008

West Brom are set to land Charlton Athletic's Chinese attacker Zheng Zhi in a £2 million deal, says the Daily Mail.
    Addicks boss Alan Pardew said: "The agenda here has changed. It's very frustrating because when I took over the club at Christmas almost 18 months ago the financial situation wasn't quite what was sold to me."

sorry I'll kill me other thread
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Waggot said at City Addicks that Charlton were taking a new contract out to China for him to sign, to extend his stay, maybe they did and he has turned it down.
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]Waggot said at City Addicks that Charlton were taking a new contract out to China for him to sign, to extend his stay, maybe they did and he has turned it down.

Or is it a Parker type contract? ......Extend your contract and then we'll promise to sell you in January.

An extended contract more or less guarantees a much increased transfer fee, when the player is finally sold, compared to a contract with less than a year to run.

See, I can be cynical too.
  • Wont be going to any British club due to his work permit (From a main board director). If he leaves this season it will be to a foreign club.....and seeing as Charlton have sent representatives overseas to extend his contract its unlikely unless of course he rejects the offer and Charlton get an acceptable offer from one of the more lenient EU countries ( Ithink Germany was cited). I wouldnt expect us to accept less than £3Million
  • Pardew saying on OS audio from todays game that we have got 2 bids in for him and he thinks he will be sold!
  • i read he has work permit till 2010 would he need a new one?
  • Well unless I got it wrong its only with us...unless its Johnny Foreigner coming in for him....
  • this seems be the angle with the westbrom 'bid'
  • Sponsored links:

• Pards' words re ZZ: "...There's a substantial bid on the table, and I think the board are contemplating that."
  • sounds like a 2mil bid to me
  • I'll take the money, he's not going to be fit to play for us till September/October, he wants to play in the Premiership, good money, thanks Zhi, and good luck
  • Rothko you say that about every player we sell. Remember you wanting to sell Reid and I feel that was a massive mistake. Are you the clubs accountant?
  • Different situation, the guy is out of contract in 10 months, won't play for us for the first 6 weeks of the season, might come back from the Olympics injured.

Cut the loses.
  • Considering the fact he only has 10 months left on his contract I tend to agree with Rothko - However we do need to use the money wisely if this goes through
  • yeh, and ambrose has only another year left, and always injured - cut your loses
    Shelveys young & can walk any minute - cut your loses

idiot - if you had your way we're be relegated by xmas.

anyone there today could see that we still havn't sorted out the midfield - 2 wingers with no idea how to cross a ball & a midfield who couldn't find put a through pass if they played all night - and you want to gget rid of soneone who scotred most goals from midfield.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]idiot - if you had your way we're be relegated by xmas.

No need for name calling...
  • Golfie getting personal now, I'm devastated by his cutting wit
  • edited August 2008
  • Sponsored links:

• The amount of names thrown at Golf Addick since I have been viewing this site no one wonder he has had a go back.

The majority of his views may be negative but he is entitled to his view, which some on this site think is not allowed due to being negative, If you do not like it press the arrow button down to the next comment!.

Keep up the good work AFKA I love this site!
  • anyone there today could see that we still havn't sorted out the midfield - 2 wingers with no idea how to cross a ball & a midfield who couldn't find put a through pass if they played all night - and you want to gget rid of soneone who scotred most goals from midfield.

Thought they did quite well against a decent top division Spanish side.

Racon and Shelvey offered more when it comes to creating chances than Zheng, Semedo and Holland do.

Pardew said he wants a central midfielder so hopefully we'll get someone that can win the ball and create chances, but I think thats unfair on Shelvey and Racon, they've both shown throughout preseason they can pass the ball quite well. They might not have as much vision as Reid did, but they offer more than Holland and Zheng did, and they're young and should get better.
  • i keep forgetting what a hard done by victim Golfie is, and that he's never thrown a name or two about in his time.

There's nothing wrong with people going negative and miserable 24/7 365, but then don't get upset if someone is going to call you out on it. It's a two way street.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: JohnnyH2[/cite]The amount of names thrown at Golf Addick since I have been viewing this site no one wonder he has had a go back.

The majority of his views may be negative but he is entitled to his view, which some on this site think is not allowed due to being negative, If you do not like it press the arrow button down to the next comment!.

Keep up the good work AFKA I love this site!
    With the best will in the world fella, you've obviously not been around that long! Golfie is indeed entitled to his views - but even he has to admit that he's laughably negative. I have some pretty ****-poor opinions of much of our current squad, but I don't make 98% of my posts deliberately negative for some sort of wind-up. And as for the name-calling, well Golfie's been guilty of plenty of that in the past too - swings and roundabouts. Also, he's just coated off our potential new midfield gem (Shelvey) who apparently 'couldn't find a through pass if he played all night' - whilst inventing the fact that another poster wants to sell him!
  • Sorry Rothko if defending Golfie on this site is not allowed, but I will state it again that I agree the majority of his views may be negative but he is entitled to his view, which some on this site think is not allowed due to being negative, If you do not like it press the arrow button down to the next comment!.

Our club going through an odd time, but criticism never hurt anyone one especially when through a computer.
  • you should try reading my post, I've no problem with whatever floats your boat, and i'll defend your right to be a moaner, but less of the faux concern for poor golfie, he loves the attention. And if I want to call him out for spouting bs and piss poor wind up, i will, and I'll hope you'll defend my right to do that?

As for whats happening, I just see a board trying to get the club financially sound and set up for the league it's in, rather then chasing like idiots for a pot of gold that might not be reached.
  • It would be a very boring world if everybody had the same opinions/views ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]It would be a very boring world if everybody had the same opinions/views ;-)

I don't agree
  • If the Chinese Govt want ZiZI to get a UK work permit I'm confident that they will make sure that he gets a UK work permit. Would the Chinese Govt want their Captain playing in the premiership?

I'd like to keep ZiZi in the side as he is a class player but there's a budget. Pardew's known about that budget (for wages and transfers)for months.

It may be that some players he'd preferred to have kept have gone because they were the ones that offers came in for while others he'd have been happier to see leave are still on the books.
  • True Henry, we could have done without Pards public comments, but I suppose we are not used to managers who want to argue their case in public, taking Dowie and Reed out of the picture we are used to Curbs and Lennie Lawrence for 20 plus years, who had much lower media profiles and argued with the board in the board room, plus the media was not so intrusive in Lennies day and curbs early years.

Looks like Pards is comingto the conclusion that faye will stay, sadly,thats probaly £1.5mill that we thought we would have down the drain (wages and fee).