Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Ambrose and Thomas can make a difference.

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
I Think that We have 2 excellent gifted and talented players in Ambrose And Thomas,IMO(Each to there own)

I would like to see these two bang there heads together this season and push on, really push the boat out and become a real force.

I Think that when Darren becomes available we should get him playing through the middle and have zi also alongside to provide the killer passes.

They could really make an impact if they both come good, we also Have some good youngsters available, can't wait, just my opinion.

I'm certainly not down beat before the season starts.

Comments

• Options
    I'm not downbeat either Badger but how many times have we said this of these two players - I just do not have any confidence that the situation will change
  • Options
    You want Ambrose and Zheng as the central midfield? We'd never win the ball, we'd be outmuscled, and neither of them are that creative anyway. Its not very often you see either playing a killer ball.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i'll stick to lurking.
  • Options
    Thomas has looked remarkably keen in pre-season, and even been seen muscling someone off the ball deep in his own half. There have been plenty of false dawns though, and that final ball / finish just doesn't happen enough. I reckon Ambrose did alright last year (not sure enough is enough though). Even with the long-standing niggle, he scored well from midfield, and bizarrely for him even showed when others disappeared. We all know he can go missing but the pair of them probably do possess more genuine talent than most around us.
  • Options
    yet again thomas has a good pre season like last year but he'll lose it in the season. as for ambrose he is and will always be played out of position. we can't fit him in anywhere
  • Options
    I think that we might just see the best of both of of them this season. They both have a point to prove and if they seriously want prem football again either with us or someone else then they have to deliver. I am hopeful.
  • Options
    I think both their contracts finish at the end of the season as well, so on any level they should be looking to impress either Pardew and the board or other clubs.

Whether they can manage a season between them is another matter, though.