Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Player priority

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
I'm beginning to think we should shift our priorities to getting a serious Reid replacement, then add some depth elsewhere..

1. creative wide player
2. ball winning midfielder
3. centre half

Comments

• Options
    Not for me...CB and RB are a must.
  • Options
    Semedo looks pretty comfortable there, i thought he coped well last year, perhaps being his more natural position. If you can't score goals though u might as well not bother with the rest.
  • Options
    If Zheng is sold then goal scoring midfielder without a doubt.

With Ambrose out I just dont see where our goals from midfield will come from, outs a lot of pressure on the front two.
  • Options
    After today I'd say:

CB
    Some cover at RB - Yassin looked sharp when he came on.
    CM - if Zheng goes x 2
    RM - Wagstaff looked completely out of his depth (as he has done everytime I have seen him play in the first team).
  • Options
    I'd say a CB, plus a versatile defender e.g Cranie who can play full back and centre half, a winger and poss a centre mid, but Racon, Shelvey, Holland, Semedo, Ambrose, Sinclair and Wright could be enough in those positions. Similar to Clem_Snide.

By teh end of the transfer window I reckon we'll have siged four, two perms and two on loan.
  • Options
    have to agree with both Clem and southend,

but for anyone who hasn't been listening to pardew lately I got news for you - we are skint & have no (real) money to spend.

ZZ will be going & hopefully so will Faye.

the ins are likly to be loaness or non-leaguers.

you have been warned.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I reckon you want us to have a shit season, so you can come on here repeatedly during the season, to go round telling everyone how right you are.
  • Options
    Razil I have said before that a winger is as important as getting a ball winning midfielder in, I don't rate any of our wide players and think it will be a real problem unless we sort it out soon
  • Options
    Another revealing interview with Pards after today's game-both Zheng and Faye on their way. He's not a happy camper if you ask me and the fact that he uses every post match press conference to declare to the world that we've got financial problems and that about to lose more personnel is a dig at the board and the situation we've found ourselves in. Are we really this skint? I hope not because having watched today's performance I'm inclined to agree with Golf because our first team from last season(who weren't that good) appears to have been replaced with our reserves and if we don't bring at least another three players in, we're going to struggle.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I reckon you want us to have a shit season, so you can come on here repeatedly during the season, to go round telling everyone how right you are.

Of course - there's no reckon about it - he does this all the time. But most of what he says is in fact true. The fact is that we're selling our best players and we have no money for replacements. How else can that be analysed but negatively.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: HandG[/cite] our first team from last season(who weren't that good) appears to have been replaced with our reserves and if we don't bring at least another three players in, we're going to struggle.

On the other hand (to counter-act my agreement with Golfie) the replacements will have more heart and desire to succeed (like Hull and Stoke players for example). Sometimes better players do not produce better results.
  • Options
    Pards will have to sell before he can buy this season he has a budget this season which is 0(zero) the club have an offer for zeng but no interest in faye, we will have to see what will happen.

Pards would like to bring in a center back as a must.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]I reckon you want us to have a shit season, so you can come on here repeatedly during the season, to go round telling everyone how right you are.

Of course - there's no reckon about it - he does this all the time. But most of what he says is in fact true. The fact is that we're selling our best players and we have no money for replacements. How else can that be analysed but negatively.

Atleast the board care about our financial situation, we're not going to be doing a Leeds, this can only be a good thing.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]On the other hand (to counter-act my agreement with Golfie) the replacements will have more heart and desire to succeed (like Hull and Stoke players for example). Sometimes better players do not produce better results.

I hope you're right although I think a good manager to get the best out of players also helps. Still not sure whether we've got one of those.....
  • Options
    If you read between the lines and there are some clear markers out there in the public domain, there are two factors leading to certain personnel leaving. The first is obviously financial and I really do believe that we have already balanced the books, as I've posted previously. This has been achieved by removing the rest of squad's dead wood, walking wounded and youngsters/senior pros that Pards did not feel would make too much of a difference to us, as was proven last season.

The second factor is whether a player actually wants to be with us. I believe Waggott when he says that a party was heading to the Far East to offer ZZ a new contract and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to summise that ZZ would prefer to wait and see where we end up at the end of next season before making a decision on his future, particularly with a fair few players leaving. If there is any risk that he will walk away after this term, then it is essential we cash in now and I reckon that this money will be used to bring in the replacements we need. Bouggie's head may also have been turned by the interest which also helped to confirm his exit.

Our squad is not the finished article and rather than reserves, I think we have a strong basis upon which to put finishing touches to a side which will challenge again this year and hopefully not falter as we did last year.

I also think that this squad is being formed with the view that if we do not gain promotion this year, no further cuts will be necessary next year, but the squad will have another full season's experience together. Hope we do it this year though.

BTW, Hudson looks like the dependable centre half we've been looking for. Miles ahead of McCarthy, what I have seen of him thus far.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Pavo[/cite], Hudson looks like the dependable centre half we've been looking for. Miles ahead of McCarthy, what I have seen of him thus far.

Hope so I am looking for the new Simon Webster,looks like Hudson could be injured for next week though