Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pards Q&A session

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
did any1 go???

Comments

• Options
    Yes
  • Options
    No

there was only one question by pards himself :

"is anyone there ? ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------"

after 20 mins of silence he went home.
  • Options
    posted up on addickted

One thing was made very clear. The cupboard is bare in terms of transfer funds. So much so that, if Pards had known how tight things were, he wouldn't have signed Hudson!

He also said that he had not wanted to play Shelvey this year, but the kid is so good that he couldn't ignore him anymore. He doesn't think, even if he could afford it, that Howard of Barnsley is that much better than Shelvey.

Sodje is very keen to come to The Valley on a permanent basis, and Pards keeps getting calls from his agent.

He is working hard behind the scenes to bring in some new players, but seemingly on loan "with a view" as he put it. They have more to prove. He was very disappointed with the attitude of Cook when he got him on loan last, and basically was glad to see the back of him.

He thinks very highly of Dickson. He says he WILL score goals. He is the fastest player at the club, along with Yassin. He said that they have worked hard with him to try to improve the parts of his game that aren't so good, like holding the up the ball, and bringing other players in to the game.

There is interest from both Brighton and Plymouth to sign Racon, but unlike some of the other bids, Pards doesn't seem worried about it, so I don't think there's any pressure from the Board in this case.

There is an offer on the table for Zheng that is being considered by the Board.

There was an interesting question along the line of "Alan, I'm a West Ham fan, and did you have any say in the signing of Tevez?" There was a chorus of "Wfo cares?" (led by me either fortunately or unfortunately). Pards gave a two word answer (without expletives) and he didn't ask anything else. I think questioner saw the error of his ways!
  • Options
    oh and a bit more

I've remembered a few more things that Pards said:

Chris Powell "Will definitely be back at Charlton in the future"

Rob Elliott: "Did not have the agillty and physique we accept from a 'keeper. He has worked hard at it, and I have no problem with him standing in for Weaver. A very good distributor of the ball"

Jose Semedo: "As hoenest as the day is long"

John Fortune: "Very frustrating. I have rated him as No. 3. Now, it's up to him to step up, as he's probably no. 2"

Stuart Fleetwwod: I'm probably sending him out on loan, as he has stepped up 4 divisions. Very pleased with his attitude."

Yassin: "needs to eliminate the mistakes from his game"

Ambrose: "In the last year of his contract, and needs to produce, for himself as much as anyone"

Injuries: Weaver, Holland, Toddy should be back in training on Tuesday. Ambrose is about a month away
  • Options
    Thanks for that Ross...did he say anything about Hudson's injury?
  • Options
    Hudson got injured after the Q&A session I think...
  • Options
    Hudson is going to be case of waiting till the end of the week to see how he is.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]Hudson got injured after the Q&A session I think...

Correct, the Q&A was before the game.
  • Options
    Ross - thank you for the report.

The Sodje bit is fascinating. If he wants to play for Charlton and is as insistent as your report makes it seem, then isn't he exactly the type of player that Chappell says he wants at the Valley? Whatever his defects, he played hard and honestly for Charlton last season -- a marked contrast to some of the other players brought in on loan -- and would significantly improve depth on the backline.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Ross - thank you for the report.

The Sodje bit is fascinating. If he wants to play for Charlton and is as insistent as your report makes it seem, then isn't he exactly the type of player that Chappell says he wants at the Valley? Whatever his defects, he played hard and honestly for Charlton last season -- a marked contrast to some of the other players brought in on loan -- and would significantly improve depth on the backline.

Depends on the deal I suppose, if he is desperate to play for us but wants something lioke what he was earning as a premiership wanna be with Reading then maybe we can't afford him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]Ross - thank you for the report.

Maybe we think we can get someone better. I like Sodje though and wouldn't mind him signing.
  • Options
    Sodje is exactly the sort of player we want in the squad ...... not 1st choice but desperate to play.
    And good enough to hold his own when he gets his chance.

Good reporting, Ross! *thumbs up*
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]Sodje is exactly the sort of player we want in the squad ...... not 1st choice but desperate to play.
    And good enough to hold his own when he gets his chance.

Good reporting, Ross! *thumbs up*

I agree - if nothing else he'd be a good squad player.