Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Positive thread.....

TELTEL
edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Ok, after all the doom and gloom surrounding our finances, this thread is dedicated to all things positive about the club we love. If youre feeling negative, have a read of whatever gets written here and maybe you will feel better afterwards and want to post something positive yourself....if not, please dont contribute.

I'll kick it off.

We have some of the most exciting young prospects for as long as I can remember....and they are going to get to play.

We have one of the best, if not THE best stadium in the CCC

We have a sound Board who are fans of the club and very astute businessmen who are ensuring that our finances are being put back in order to enable us to survive the current credit crunch.

NOW ITS UP TO US TO DO OUR BIT.........

AND GET BEHIND THIS YOUNG TEAM OF OURS AND MAKE AS MUCH NOISE AS POSSIBLE THIS SATURDAY!

COME ON YOU REDS!

Comments

• Options
    You ask for it. ;-0)
  • Options
    :-)
  • Options
    'We have some of the most exciting young prospects for as long as I can remember....and they are going to get to play.'
    TRUE LOVING THE SHELVEY AND BASEY.

'We have one of the best, if not THE best stadium in the CCC'
    DONT KNOW ABOUT THAT

'We have a sound Board who are fans of the club and very astute businessmen who are ensuring that our finances are being put back in order to enable us to survive the current credit crunch.'
    LOL OK LOOKING FORWARD TO US BUYING PLAYERS FROM OTHER CREDIT CRUNCHED CLUBS IN JANUARY AS MENTIONED BY SOMEONE ON HERE. LIKE TO SEE IT BUT DUBIOUS. FAIR PLAY TO THE BOARD IF THEY DO IT.

'NOW ITS UP TO US TO DO OUR BIT.........
    AND GET BEHIND THIS YOUNG TEAM OF OURS AND MAKE AS MUCH NOISE AS POSSIBLE THIS SATURDAY!'
    AGREED !!!
  • Options
    Ill be making some noise over here......

All about the positive... a steady two nil win to kick us off.... sam and varney... 20 mins of pressure and then see the game out....

Lets do it... loads of booze and off we go...
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    WE GET TO PLAY the Selhurst mob?
  • Options
    Giving Palace two good shoeings
  • Options
    First game is only 5 days away!!!

Pard's knows more about his players this time around.

My son is 1 tomorrow, a fact that seems to mean far more to me, his mother and his two older sisters than it does to him.
  • Options
    The Coventry game at the end of last season is the springboard to how we will perform this season.
    It was setting down a marker to show we can play with style and verve and win games comfortably.

Maybe....
  • Options
    There will be less people in the ground therefore the queue for the loo, bookies and beer will be quicker.
  • Options
    "Pard's knows more about his players this time around."

OK sorry but that is going a bit too far on the positive rose spectacled front
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2008
    According to a trusted website we're currently just outside the play-offs and 7th in the league!

We're 7th

;-)
  • Options
    We have lots to moan about, no mediocre Charlton this summer!!!
  • Options
    1) I always look forward to a new season
    2) Going to get drunk regularly without earache from the wife
    3) New grounds to visit
    4) Something unexpected will always happen and it will be a positive
    5) I think we have a good group of players who want to play and do well
    6) We are nearly rid of the mercenarys and the bad eggs
    7) Going to get drunk regularly without earache from the wife
    8) Finishing first or last I'll still be Charlton this time next year.
  • Options
    The fact that no one fancies us should be used as a rallying call to the players.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: cfgs[/cite]First game is only 5 days away!!!

Pard's knows more about his players this time around.

My son is 1 tomorrow, a fact that seems to mean far more to me, his mother and his two older sisters than it does to him.

Have you got him a season ticket yet?
  • Options
    You tend to enjoy things more when you aren't expecting much from them.
  • Options
    Bit like when you buy a round George. ;-)
  • Options
    I'm really not that excited by the season started, don't know why, but I just don't feel up for it
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing the usual faces for Pre & Post match Beers every week or so.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Bit like when you buy a round George. ;-)
    I can't help it if I'm quiet! ;-)