Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++New article: United front needed for uncertain future+++

With the new season upon us, i have dusted off the fountain pen and wrote how i see things currently stand.

As always, grateful for any comments at the end of the article, positive or negative

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=191

Comments

• been some excellent comments this morning, if anyone is interested.
  • yeah your right we need all need 2 motivate the team with noise and good support this season.at the start of last season we were playing very bad against sheff wed the team came out from half time the us the fans got behind the team and we came back from 2-0 down 2 win the game 3-2.where as the team had a bad first half against preston and still booed the 2and did it do us any good of course not.stop the booing and get behind the team.always look on the bright side of life we were singong not so long ago and thought it showed great support and loyalty.the next season every ppl were booing sometimes when we were 3rd or 4th.cafc 4 life.
  • totally agree Steve- especially if we're going with the "youngsters"; i know acouple of palace fans who tell me that the crowd gave their kids full backing last season,even when it wasn't going right for them.
    I really don't see the point of slagging off your team; surely the players know if they aren't performing. How does it help when 20000 odd people are screaming abuse at you ?
  • Good article.
    However "professional" you are as a young player, you are going to play with less confidence and not to your full ability if you hear a collective groan/ torrent of abuse every time you make a mistake. You will not want the ball as much, will play the safe pass, instead of the possible one. You will hang your head when it goes wrong, and you will not love playing, and you will be less of a player for it.
    We need our players to go out there and play their hearts out for the team, to not be afraid of what could go wrong. They are ALL skillful players, none of them are rubbish, they would not be at this level if they were.
    Whilst we are all disappointed if we lose, our job is to provide our team ( especially a young one) with vocal encouragement to show them we are right behind them through every mistake or glorious moment. That to my mind is support, and it is that which enables us to share and become part of a team's success from the terraces.
  • [cite]Posted By: 3blokes[/cite]Good article.
    However "professional" you are as a young player, you are going to play with less confidence and not to your full ability if you hear a collective groan/ torrent of abuse every time you make a mistake. You will not want the ball as much, will play the safe pass, instead of the possible one. You will hang your head when it goes wrong, and you will not love playing, and you will be less of a player for it.
    We need our players to go out there and play their hearts out for the team, to not be afraid of what could go wrong. They are ALL skillful players, none of them are rubbish, they would not be at this level if they were.
    Whilst we are all disappointed if we lose, our job is to provide our team ( especially a young one) with vocal encouragement to show them we are right behind them through every mistake or glorious moment. That to my mind is support, and it is that which enables us to share and become part of a team's success from the terraces.
    Couldn't have said it any better
  • I hope all the moany, groany gits in The East Stand are reading this.
  • [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I hope all the moany, groany gits in The East Stand are reading this.

That's not a nice way to talk about Golfie :-)
  • Doesn't Mr.Irving sit in the east ?
  • yes but i'm not a moany groany git as you well know : - )

Is this a first? A sticky that has been sunk.