Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Betting on the Premiership

Can someone shed any light on this. It must just be me being thick or something...

At Ladbrokes, Man City are 5th fav to win the Prem at 12/1 whilst Spurs are 6th fav at 50/1 where as "without the big four", Spurs are 9/4 fav compared to Man City at 6/1 with Villa & Everton at 5/1.

Surely if they make Man City 5th fav to win the Prem, they must be favourites to come top of the "without the big four" league?

I notice that Darren Bent to finish top goalscorer has now come down to 22/1 from 88/1 last week. Amazing what some confidence does in front of goal.

Comments

• Options
    Must be a mistake - no way Man City would be as short as 12/1 to win the Prem.
  • Options
    Its most probably weight of money. Spurs must be favourites to win the league outside of the top four so there will be a lot of small bets on them to finish 5th whillst nobody would justifiably back them to win the League outright. Man City are not likely to win either but a value punt may be them on the League rather than coming 5th. It may take just one decent size bet to move the odds as could be said the same for DBs odds moving from 88 to 22.
  • Options
    Assuming Spurs don't sign another striker, Bent has got to be worth a bet each way on top premiership scorer. He's 33/1 at Corals, great odds considering they've got van Persie and Rooney at 14s!
  • Options
    I have done D Bent e/w top scorer at 33/1.

Ronaldo and Rooney wont beat him so I am thinking Torres, Keane and Adebayor followed by Bent, thanks.