Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ON XFM - Shittu joins Bolton

Shittu signs for Bolton.

Time to change my Championship team I think

Comments

• edited August 2008
    damn

interesting comments from Boothroyd, good insight into our position:

I knew he was going to go because of where we find ourselves financially.

"That's all part of a club like Watford at this moment in time. We have to sell. I want to be in a position as a manager where I can trade, and I can't even bring in loan players at present.

"So we need to make sure we get Danny packed off and say thanks very much for all that he has done - and I mean that genuinely - but you can't deny a player the chance to play in the Premier League, and you can't deny me the chance to get some players in."
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]sh*t and bo**ocks

I was thinking just that. I'm sure there's more rabbits in the hat.
  • edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]sh*t and bo**ocks

I was thinking just that. I'm sure there's more rabbits in the hat.

Would've have been nice but he's gone to a prem side. Watford fans must be having a good time. Anyone got a link to one of their message boards?

Lets hope we can get some decent defenders in on loan or to buy and unearth a new Mark Kinsella from somewhere.
  • so much for them not pushing the boat out the other year when they got promoted - did them no good.

they should have gone mad & spent some money - secured their Prem position and then been ok.
  • [cite]Posted By: golfaddick[/cite]so much for them not pushing the boat out the other year when they got promoted - did them no good.

they should have gone mad & spent some money - secured their Prem position and then been ok.

Right
  • Apparently he turned down £20k a week at Rangers, demanding £25K and good luck to him, he's mosdt likely got it. This weakens one of our opponents.
  • He scored for us last year, this is terrible, why didnt the club pull out the stops for him to stay at Watford?
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Apparently he turned down £20k a week at Rangers, demanding £25K and good luck to him, he's mosdt likely got it. This weakens one of our opponents.

as with most of these things, don't necessarily believe all you read when it comes to wages. Though i have no idea if true or not.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Apparently he turned down £20k a week at Rangers, demanding £25K and good luck to him, he's mosdt likely got it. This weakens one of our opponents.

The Rangers deal was scuppered when Shittu's agent deanded 200k for his "services"..
  • EX Charlton defender now playing for Nigeria in the World Cup V Argentina
  • Sponsored links:

• Not having the greatest game so far, but given who he's up against perhaps that's to be expected.
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Not having the greatest game so far, but given who he's up against perhaps that's to be expected.

Messi Shittu
  • Bolton cancel Shittu's contract
    Could we (should we) sign him as a free agent?
  • No chance with Fortune signing I would say plus he probably wouldn't take the massive wage cut.

I'm sure a decent championship team would like to add a goalscoring defender to their team.
  • I thought he had a decent World Cup. I like the idea of the competition, but I suppose work permit restrictions would rule it out here. Perhaps we could try one in the poorer EU countries.