Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey

2»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: randy andy[/cite]Well he's on the transfer list and they already have their replacement signed so it's just a case of meeting their valuation

Except we ain't got any money...

if we accept the bid for ZZ we have...
  • Options
    we have bid for him folks honest
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick Except we ain't got any money...

If we've had a bid rejected we must have some.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Can't be any truth whatsoever, we only ever send players to Southend, not the other way.[/quote]

Ahem! Sir Keith Jones? ;-)

Heard good things about this Bailey chap. Could be a decent acquisition if a transfer went through.
  • Options
    Good scoop NLA. Make sure your contact keeps u up to date!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: mart77[/cite]Good scoop NLA. Make sure your contact keeps u up to date!

And he got the Leroy Lita scoop. NLA is the man.
  • Options
    will do folks i will see him 2morrow and if it isnt sorted by then i will see him saturday b4 the swans match but hopefully we will have done it by then
  • Options
    dont big NLA up we wont hear the last of it.
  • Options
    trust you too burst my bubble
  • Options
    just getting my body into doom mode ahead of the season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    we will be ok see you for a beer saturday if you get out of work ontime
  • Options
    Just seen this story on the sky sports website and if he played 50 games last year he must not get injured too often and reading between the lines if we sign him will we let ZZ go
  • Options
    by announcing it publically It would sugggest a deal can be done
  • Options
    Or....
    1. They want to drum up more interest to raise the price
    2. They want their fans to see they are not selling him short when he does go and that they have not been bullied by a player
  • Options
    Or they want to leak it slowly as he's ginger, numbs the shock etc.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
  • Options
    the new Kinsella...I can feel it
  • Options
    http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42116

A Southend point of view
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Bailey scouting report

Interesting stuff and hadn't seen that before.

I'd never heard of him before this came up but sounds like the new Kinsella to me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could be a good player to sign before a bigger team comes in for him.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite][url=http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/12/11/scouting_report_nicky_bailey_s.html]Bailey scouting report[/url][/quote]

Interesting stuff and hadn't seen that before.

I'd never heard of him before this came up but sounds like the new Kinsella to me[/quote]

Or the new Scott Parker, if the Sky Sports article is quoting him correctly.

Its a bit out of order that he feels he 'cant be expected to play' when his head isn't in it. Especially when Southend are still paying his wages. Could any of us get away with that in our respective workplaces & still get paid?

Apparently did the same to Barnet, toys out of the pram, 'head in the wrong place' type-stuff when Southend went him for him last summer. If he did sign, have one good season, but we don't achieve promotion, & a bigger offer came in, we may be subject to similar treatment.

Does sound a very good prospect though.
  • Options
    like his article on Sky Sports website, sounds like our sort of player......I guess we now know why the No.4 shirt was left spare !
  • Options
    Its a bit out of order that he feels he 'cant be expected to play' when his head isn't in it. Especially when Southend are still paying his wages. Could any of us get away with that in our respective workplaces & still get paid?

No...

When players want to come to Charlton it's because they are ambitious hard-working types who want to win things, when they want to leave Charlton it's because they are treacherous money grabbing mercanaries with no loyalty. Realisticaly Charlton is a very good step up for a player like Bailey financially and in football playing terms. If he arrives, acquits himself well and then moves on to better things then at least we'll be able to turn a profit on him.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Its a bit out of order that he feels he 'cant be expected to play' when his head isn't in it. Especially when Southend are still paying his wages. Could any of us get away with that in our respective workplaces & still get paid?

No...

When players want to come to Charlton it's because they are ambitious hard-working types who want to win things, when they want to leave Charlton it's because they are treacherous money grabbing mercanaries with no loyalty. Realisticaly Charlton is a very good step up for a player like Bailey financially and in football playing terms. If he arrives, acquits himself well and then moves on to better things then at least we'll be able to turn a profit on him.

Agreed - it's dog eat dog and the bigger dog usually wins. If he joins and is a revelation then thats good for us

He is extremely unpopular with the Shrimpers now though
  • Options
    He's playing for Southend today. That should be some life experience for him!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Another way of looking at this is that he's likely to be going to double his wages(possibly even more) on let's say a three year contract which would be worth(at a guess) probably somewhere around £600,000+ 'more' to him than he's currently getting.
    As he seems certain to be moving within a week or two to some club or another (hopefully to us of course), I can fully understand why he wouldn't risk an injury in playing just one or two more games for The Shrimpers, as hard as that may seem to them.....his career with them is to all intense and purposes over with them, one way or the other.
    You can't blame the lad I suppose...fancy how he'd feel if he picked up an injury of the type that could scupper his move....he'd be pig sick wouldn't he.
  • Options
    How could Bailey be the villain? This isn't Arshavin. Bailey rejected a new contract and the Shrimpers transfer-listed him: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3656050,00.html To my mind, Southend has told him that he'll be playing somewhere else this season, so what is wrong with him saying the same thing back to his current employers?
  • Options
    "This is an opportunity of a life time for me, to join one of the Championship's biggest clubs is something I only dreamed about when I was playing non-league just a few years ago."

Ha! Now we know why Pards wants him. Bailey has that all essential non-League pedigree .......(!)

;o)