Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sky Sports

I was under the impression that this was a dedicated sports channel, but obviously I was wrong. It's actually clearly only a channel dedicated to only to sporting events where Sky has TV rights - what else would explain no mention at all of the Olympics in their biulletins and round ups. Quite funny really - Old Rupert hasn't got the TV rights so they just pretend it isn't happening!!!

Comments

• edited August 2008
    How strange? I don't have a T.V. but i get plenty of coverage on the radio, would have thought that sky would pay to show a certain amount on the sports channels.
  • u can see the same thing on the sky sports website - compare it to the bbc sport one. on the other hand, the bbc annoys me about how much of a big deal they are making of it.
  • Just wish one of them would show better coverage of the ccc like they do the prem. Haven't been able to see any of todays games yet or have i missed them ???
  • I have been enjoying watching the women's beach volleyball in high definition
  • [cite]Posted By: balham red[/cite] on the other hand, the bbc annoys me about how much of a big deal they are making of it.

Good point balham red. The BBC go too far the other way - probably because this is one of the few sporting events that they have got the rights to show. But honestly, who on earth is interested in an hours worth of live coverage of the rowing? Rowing FFS!!!
  • [cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I have been enjoying watching the women's beach volleyball in high definition
    You perv .... Can you tape it for me
  • Its the same with the golf,,,,,,,,,according to the world that is Sky the British Open didn't happen.

oh - as for their coverage of the championship - re-run of the game today ( Birmingham v Sheff Utd) at around midnight tonight - no highlights package of rest of the games afterwards. what is that all about ?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Oakster[/cite]I have been enjoying watching the women's beach volleyball in high definition[/quote]

There`s me thinking it was just me ;-)

Ps.
    Any idea what the rules are?
  • edited August 2008
    Not quite sure i care what the rules are
  • There coverage of Euro 2008 was no different.