Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Mighty 'Shire.

Glad to see The Mighty East Stirling are 5th in the scottish 3rd division.
The so called BIG 2 aren't what scottish football is about; its down in the lower leagues where the players get paid £10 amatch and during the winter months where training inthe late afternoon and evenings is conducted in the glare of the car head lights.
Ask Fergie where he'd REALLY rather be; Old Trafford or sitting on the bench at the 'shire ? His first managerial role was there and we all know thats his real home.
So, sod the rangers and the celtics (and all the religious bigotry that comes with them); for 5 seasons we were the bottom club of 40,last season 39th. EAST STIRLING scottish premier league champs 2048 !!

Comments

• Up the Vers.

(Albion Rovers)
  • Great result for the 'Shire last Saturday ,
    A blinding 0-0 at the "Blue Brazil" (Cowdenbeth).
    9th position and climbing.
  • partick_thistle_fc.jpg
    I love these crazy bastards.
  • 3 points and up to sixth in the table ;
    watch out ol' Firm.
  • [cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite]partick_thistle_fc.jpg
    I love these crazy bastards.

Bizzarely I always look for Partick Thistle's results and have done for the last thirty five years or so.

All stemmed from the fact that there was a mis print in one of the Sundy papers that called them Patrick Thisle and as my best friend at the time was called Patrick, I sort of adopted them.
  • Or as the Bairns (Falkirk F.C.) call them "Plastic Whistle".
  • C'MON !!
    East Stirling score 4 !! cruise into the next round of the cup.
    up the 'shire !

AND the goals were on SSN !
  • This week the mighty 'shire scored 5 !
    up to 5th place , 2 points behind the " blue Brazil".
  • I have a soft spot for Cally myself......went to see them play years ago before they merged...also been to see Ross County and Stranraer play at their respective grounds
  • GET IN !!

East Stirling beat the Mighty Livinston to progress in the Scottish Cup;
    Watch out ol' Firm- The Shire are comin to get yer !!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]GET IN !!

East Stirling beat the Mighty Livinston to progress in the Scottish Cup;
    Watch out ol' Firm- The Shire are comin to get yer !!

Not allowed to mention the Old Firm on here otherwise I'd be mentioning 7 points but I won't : -)
  • Apparently in half of Glasgow it was very cold last night;
    Minus 7 apparently.
  • [cite]Posted By: miserableold-ish git[/cite]Apparently in half of Glasgow it was very cold last night;
    Minus 7 apparently.

LOL
  • Okay, it had to come to end;

The Mighty Shire lost to the blue Brazil yesterday, their first defeat in 12 games.
    "We'll be back !!".

ps, all 4 Cow'th goals were offside !!!!
  • GET IN !!!!
    East Stirlingshire 2nd in the league, 4 points off top !!!!!
  • Jags also 2nd! having come from nowhere in Britain's tightest league.
  • Whoops !

Berwick ??
  • edited May 2009
    A Great season for the Shire,
    3rd and play-off finialists, we lost 3-2 on agg. to the Cows of Beath, but only after having 2 sent off in the last 10 mins in extra time.
    A good bet for anyone who does the "League winners" in the English & Scottish leagues next season.
    Better to watch these than those 2 little teams top of the SPL.
  • I see the mighty shire are setting about Chelsea's legal department. We're we not supposed to have an all the proceeds friendly with impoverished lazio in return for gifting them PDC? Doubt our lot thought to get it in writing though.

“As far as we can tell, it is still a legally binding agreement that sets out the terms of the transfer. Chelsea came to our old home of Firs Park. However we are certain that the second game never took place. If you do not ask you do not get, so I sent Chelsea a letter pointing out that we are due a game at Stamford Bridge. They have got back in touch and said that they will look into it” – East Stirling chief suit Tony Ford gets ready to force Chelsea into a pre-season friendly that dusty documents relating to Eddie McReadie’s 1962 transfer say they are still owed.

Surprised at the gradunad getting the team's name wrong...