Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If Pardew was to leave......who would you want ?

Just read a post on OS where the poster felt in her opinion that Pardew is not a happy bunny and might not be fully committed to Charlton. Got me thinking if it was to happen who we might get. I expect many would opt for Kins. I must say that I was particularly impressed by Roberto Martinez and his brand of football yesterday. Whoever it might be I wouldn`t expect anyone of high profile because of budget.

Over to you..........

Comments

• Options
    alex ferguson
  • Options
    I forgot he was available and not high profile ;-)
  • Options
    Curbs lol
  • Options
    Lennie
  • Options
    Me
  • Options
    Vialli for me
  • Options
    rothko coz everything would be alright ;-)
  • Options
    Henry would be available wouldn`t he ?
  • Options
    The guy we originally wanted before Dowie - Billy Davies
  • Options
    I think our next manager is already here! Phil Parkinson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Surprised that not one person has mentioned Kins. Not ready IMHO
  • Options
    Curbs will be back by May.

LOCKED ON. FACT!
  • Options
    Christ - one game in and we're already talking about a new manager are we?!
  • Options
    and we won the game aswell!!!
  • Options
    John Collins
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Christ - one game in and we're already talking about a new manager are we?!

indeed

[cite]Posted By: matt896[/cite]and we won the game aswell!!!

indeed indeed

Pardew still has a job to finish but I think Parkinson would do I good job building a side. Always been impressed when I've heard him speak.

Kinsella would be a sentimental choice based on his playing career rather than his management track record just now.

If you are looking outside then if we can't get Dowie back : - ) then Johnson from Bristol City has a good and long CV, and Martinez has had success playing good football but only for a short while.

I wouldn't go back to Billy Davies and I doubt the powers to be would either. Bridges burnt and all that.

I guess it all depends on when and more importantly where Pardew leaves us. If we are back in the Prem would be accept the Johnson or Martinez with no top flight experience?

Anyone he's here and he has, as I've said, got a job to finish. Let's hope he does.
  • Options
    Pards will make a much better go of it this season, so I don't think he's going anytime soon/ If hypothetically that were to happen it's got to be Billy Davies. Should have got the job instead of Dowie. Great at making more out of less (like Curbs).
  • Options
    Why not Billy Davies?

He took Preston into the play-offs twice and got Derby promoted. I'm surprised he isn't managing a club somewhere by now.
  • Options
    Erm sorry..... why are we discussing this?
  • Options
    exactly soundas.. sink this bloody stupid thread please! ridiculous!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldn't normally sink something like this, because its a general pub topic of conversation, and i'm sure that's all SHG intended.

But Soundas, Curb It are right. Now is seriously not the time for a 'public' conversation like this.

I could list off a dozen misgivings about Pardew, perfect he is not. But i am 100% behind him at present, and i really think that everyone has to be.
  • Options
    *Off_it lumbers to his feet and applauds the wee fella*
  • Options
    Clap Clap "you have the" clap clap!
    Personally i think SHG is a trouble maker meself.

think i should go to bed.
  • Options
    AFKA I also give you the clap
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]
    think i should go to bed.

I think maybe you're right!
    :p
  • Options
    shut it off it!
    dont you know that i am south east londons ladys arm wrestling champion.

just going to the fridge to get a can of tennants then get your elbow ready for a cyber wrestle....
  • Options
    elbow ready - and no work tomorrow for me means i've got all night!
    :o)
  • Options
    oh well one nil you already. got to go bed

will finish it off next time - best out of three.
    night night
  • Options
    The circle is complete. Just trawl through this thread and spot the difference.