Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Trouble

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
I'm pleased to say, after all the speculation on here earlier in the summer, that I wasn't aware of anything.

What was the point of the mounted police wall separating the two sets of fans down the centre of part of Floyd Road after the match when both sets of fans merged as one about 20 yards further on in Floyd Road?

Comments

• Options
    Gawd knows Len! Maybe the budget doesn't stretch to enough horses to go all of the way up the road these days?

The Old Bill were clearly expecting trouble though. Plenty of numbers and loads of them already in riot gear. Also they kept the exit shut from the West Stand towards the away end - and they only did that twice last season (for QPR and Cardiff - didn't shut it for Palace). Clearly they were worried that the "West Stand Flask Firm" might try and rush through to attack the Taffs with their apathy!
  • Options
    spoke to a minibus load of Swans before the game and they were all good lads. For some reason a couple of Charlton fans were giving them completely wrong directions to the ground so I put em right.
  • Options
    Sorry to put right you Len, back but there was trouble after the game, I`m surprised the Ob wern`t up to speed because it looked premeditated, After few beers and a meet up with some lifers at the Liberal and a couple more at the pub on the way home, I walked straight into an ambush!!! It was mainly verbal with a bit of pushing and shoving, but never have I felt so threatened, I had to promise this morning I will never by late home from football when we are due to go to a party, Mrs T.C.E is not one to be messed with. ;-)
  • Options
    lol tce
  • Options
    Sorry to read that T.C.E.

I did see a number of what seemed to be Swansea run (and quickly walk cos they were knackered!) up Charlton Church Lane and wondered if there was a propa norty meet somewhere but they showed no interest in us or other ordinary Charlton fans making their way up the hill.

I'm surprised you didn't run away with all the training you've been doing for the run:-)