Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Man City in turmoil (allegedly)

Well. This is a bit of a turn up for the books. There's been a few rumours flying about re: City in the last week or so but more information is coming out of the club now on a dail basis.

The below was allegedly posted on one of the major Man City boards tonight by a current employee of MCFC and it has been picked up through Spurs (thus how I got to hear of it) because of the Corluka deal which we've been trying to put through in recent days. It certainly goes to explain why Man City announced the sale of Ireland to Sunderland without the knowledge of Mark Hughes.

Makes for interesting reading:

"I'm sorry to say this, as a life long fan and - for the last few (for me at least) unforgettable months - employee, MCFC as we know it is finished. Here are the FACTS, for those who really want to know. Thaksin is, as of midlnight 10th August, 2008, an international fugitive. He now has to be found guilty of corruption in Thailand in his absense, offering no defence. Extradition requests will surely follow. The PL will then have to find him short of the fit and proper ownership rules (and believe me, the pressure for that from fellow 'members' has been growing since June). Thaksin is trying to palm off City onto whoever will now take it, an insolvent mess of a business, completely incapable of sustaining itself. The truth is that the only interested party (until recently) - Wardle - is not now able to bail City out now , he cant come close on his own and no partners have been found. The wage bioll and committments due on the last 2 years' transfers have spiralled out of control. The Corluka affair is the last straw - I personally worked on the deal and can assure anyone interested that he has already been transferred to Spurs. Spurs have this evening started legal action, and he will be barred from playing for City following an injunction in the courts tomorrow. Personally I expect Hughes to then resign on principal (he has no choice now, he is on record as saying that he wilol have final say on all transfers). Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk. I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Obviously one could take it with a pinch of salt and just put it down to scaremongering but if its true, god help Man City.

Liverpool should be glad hey've got the two American owners now otherwise they could have been dragged into all of this. Will be most interesting to follow the story as it breaks in the press in the next few days. No doubt we'll have the back pages full of broken MCFC badges in no time if this is all true.

Comments

• Options
    Ahh, bless - what a pity for City.

Careful those of you that wish for some Johnny Foreigner to rock up to our place with supposed pots of cash. Give me Murray and the rest of our board any day of the week!
  • Options
    Someone's gonna pick-up a Premier League club and TV deal EXTREMELY cheaply...
  • Options
    Thaskin is worth aprox£500/700 million.

There is no extridtion treaty between UK and Thailand.

Even if we agreed he could go. Then que al the human Rights lawyers(sorry AFKA) and its a good few years before he gets put on a plane.

Strong rumours that there will be a co-alition Government soon in Thailand therefore his Party will be part of the Government.

He offers to pay back to the "people of Thailand" £100m and greases the wheels of Law and Order with another £50m he still has a massive fourtune.

He may just be bored with Man City he is after glory and fame it aint at City.

This is the guy who paid a large part of his own country to vote for him(maybe RedKen picked this up?). He delt with street crime in Bangkok using death squads upto 3,000 shot by the OB.

Rumours are he insists all his staff in UK call him "your exalancy"

PS sorry B spelling up to usual standard.
  • Options
    Good job they didn't get Ronaldinho on the reported 200k a week then!!
  • Options
    A chance that 3 Lancastrian clubs (Man City, Blackburn and Bolton) will all self-destruct this season:
    City: for reasons stated above
    Blackburn: as Ince is way out of his depth (he'll be gone before Curbs)
    Bolton: now that Megson's going fully into moron-mode
    Some (small rather than zero) hope of survival for the newly-promoteds.
  • Options
    The odds of City being relegated have plummeted from 26/1, but you can still get 17/1 if you're quick!
  • Options
    Well lets await developments on this one before lumping in too much. Potentially it shows how utterly helpless the normal fan is when such things appear to happen. I for one quite like Man City and their long-suffering fans. I like their gallows humour and the way most stuck with the club through thin and thinner periods.

I hope that this is not true and that they can find a way through for the fans sake.
  • Options
    "Many wont believe any of this, but a few will. I am very close to this situation (readers will never know who I am or how close - a few would know my name but it isnt appropriate to for me to come 'out') - trust me, I am close enough to know what has happeneded in the last fortnight, I am pissed off with it (as a fan, and as someone who has worked hard for the club durinig the ast 18 months or so) and it must be said, a little drunk. I am posting this message on a few sites - apologies for those that keep reading it, but I want City fans to know what is happening. The sad truth is we are finished, and that as a result, the PL will be facing its biggest challenge since inception within 2 weeks of now."

Oh, what a drama queen. Slightly over egging the cake there I think.

City may well be in a mess but as soon as people start saying things like this then alarm bells start ringing in my head.

And if true Man City only need to check who they employed 18 months ago with this sort of access and he/she will be straight out the door (or targeted by one of Mr Sinatra's hit squads)
  • Options
    Well, Mr Sinawatra can't go back to Thailand now and is staying here (we like corrupt tyrants - as long as they're rich). Unless they find a way of confiscating his ill gotten moolah, then I'm sure city will be OK. Even if the man is clearly a football f**kwit.
  • Options
    I take these things with a pinch of salt.

Before he bought Man City his robust method of dealing with drug dealers/growers was widely known as were the alleged scams - an arrest warrant was issued around this time last year regarding an alleged case of fraud nad before that he'd also been toppled in a coup and placed under arrest in absentia. The military regime that replaced him turned out to be not much better and he can argue that this is all politics.

As for the FA taking action, forget it. The FA allowed the Gaydamak clan to take over Portsmouth and there are enough stories about their alleged involvement in embezzlement, money laundering, and arms trading to make Shinawatra look relatively law abiding. Plus there is Abramovitch and they have allowed the Galzer family to buy Man U, and Hicks & Gillett to buy Liverpool and saddle those clubs with massive amounts of debt, I really can't see them getting involved unless Shinawatra was found to be eating babies. They are a weak spineless organisation run by and for their members and will rubber stamp anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A "human rights abuser of the worst kind" according to Human Rights Watch:

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2004/10/28/thaila9576.htm

"We write to urge your government to immediately launch an independent and impartial criminal investigation of Thai security forces implicated in the deaths of at least 85 people in Narathiwat province this week. Security forces shot and killed seven protesters and at least 78 protesters were suffocated or crushed to death as they were being transferred to detention facilities. Some 1,200 people are still held by military authorities, without access to legal representation and with questionable medical attention. This incident marks a major escalation of the violence in predominantly Muslim southern Thailand, where more than 400 people have already been killed since the beginning of the year. "

Etc, etc...

That letter dates from two years ago before he took over at Man City and was still PM, if the FA are going to ignore that, and they did, then I don't think they are going to take any action over the new charges.
  • Options
    You've got to love the FA haven't you.

Not only are they a bunch of incompetent f*ckwits, they are the greediest amoral organisation you could ever have the misfortune to come across.

And they run ting!