Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Real ale fans.

edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
Over the weekend I had a bottle of Poacher's Choice and a bottle of Long Days, both by Badger.

Long Days- A fruity ale for those long Summer evenings...(yea right)

Poacher's Choice- A strong, dark ale for those Winter nights by the fire.

Both recommended..

Comments

• Options
    A lot of the Badger beers are really nice.....

Tanglefoot. Yummy.
  • Options
    Blandford Fly is a weird one - tastes of ginger and nettles!
  • Options
    I do like a real ale, but i dont really like the wierd flavoured ones, tanglefoot rockjs tho, and fursty ferrett, thats an awesome ale.

The 4 bottles of bishops finger in an hour i had in the lib before the game on sat certainly set the precident for the day, man i was steaming lol
  • Options
    Tried a Blandford Fly for the first time yesterday - very nice stuff.
  • Options
    A Lot of the Badger Beers are really nice....Exactly.
  • Options
    4 bottles of nun's delight before the game?

Blimey, I'm surprised you didn't end up sat with a load of Taffs by accident!
  • Options
    I do like a drop of ale but am not sure about the oyster and scallop ones... I love seafood but am really not sure about this. Anyone tried them?
  • Options
    You seemed quite happy munching on that blokes crabs Saturday so I'd guess they'd be right up your alley
  • Options
    If you get the chance try T.E A. (Traditional English Ale) by Hogs Back Brewery. Now I have moved to Norwich I get it delivered
  • Options
    Hop Garden Gold is much better IMHO.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You real ale drinkers should try The Chequers in Farningham Village....I've never seen so many real ales on offer.....great little pub...foods great as well.
  • Options
    I was in there on Saturday....the Russian bird who runs it is very plesant on the eyes....
  • Options
    She certainly is that netty my lad!
  • Options
    Maybe a bit too slim for Goonerhater's tastes...
  • Options
    "If you get the chance try T.E A. (Traditional English Ale) by Hogs Back Brewery. Now I have moved to Norwich I get it delivered"

This is a lovely drop - they used to sell in the the Wheatsheaf, Borough Mkt...........
  • Options
    Sheperd Neame beers are my favourite....taste those hops!
  • Options
    The Bree Louise.
    Went there Friday lunch time, best pub in London 2008/9 according to CAMRA.
    16 ales striaght from the barrel, 6 or so ciders a few draught beers and reel lagers. Also theres Fosters for the kids.

Just round the corner is Drummond Street, a road full of real veggie Indians.
    Very nice lunch time.
  • Options
    Just got back from Bournemouth and had a right head on Sunday after a Saturday evening on Ringwood Fortyniner, very pleasant brew!
  • Options
    Great British beer festival now on at Earls Court.