Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bailey Wants to come to CAFC (Ed. Deal completed)

Comments

• Options
    * SoundAsa£
    * CommentTime53 seconds ago edited

Fine player Mike who wore the No 4 shirt with pride, had a hell of a shot on him too...he was our captain and led very much by example.
    He left us(as all our best players do of course), to join Wolves who were 'big boys' in those days.

**********************************************************************************

And of course for younger peeps, later as manager, he led us to promotion from the real Division III in 1980-81.
    Mike Bailey, Mike Bailey, Mike Bailey.
    MIKE Baileeeeeeeeee ....... !
  • Options
    ...AND the number 4 shirt is currently free!
  • Options
    then left us for that huge outfit Brighton
  • Options
    This looks like good news but I must say I find it a little distasteful that he did a "P*rker" on Southend and refused to play. It may be the way things go these days but I can't help reflecting that the players that we have had who have done this to us P*rker, and Murphy have not necessarily enhanced their careers by so doing.
  • Options
    on their site it says that he's set to join in the next 24 hours, but pards has just said in his post match interview that a deal is a way off yet
  • Options
    Well Pards would, it's about 24hours away when it will then appear on the cafc site.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    He played on Saturday bing and got Southends MOTM but he didn't play for them tonight, which, if a deal is about to be struck, isn't at all surprising when you think of it..........so I think that's not quite acurate re him refusing to play.
    I get the idea that's a bit of newspaper hype that we've all grown to expect nowadays.
  • Options
    The comparison to the Lambdeth man seems unfair. The Shrimpers transfer listed Bailey. I don't think there was any question that Bailey was on his way out in August, the issue seems to have been how much Southend would be able to hold up potential suitors for the chance to work out terms with the midfielder. I could see some argument if Bailey had been deemed an essential part of the team's plan this year, but once he turned down an extension and the club let the world know he was available, what criticism can lie if the player tries to take some control over where he ends up? Heaven forbid he should find himself at Selhurst if Warnock somehow was able to raise a bit more capital than us.
  • Options
    aye and parker had just signed a new deal the previous summer
  • Options
    Quoted from the Southend OS

'And chairman Ron Martin believes a deal will go through on Wednesday to take the 24-year-old to the Valley.

"We expect terms to finalised with Charlton on Wednesday," Ron Martin told southendunited.co.uk on Tuesday night.'

So what does he know, that Pards doesn't?

But then Pards probably doesn't discuss terms with incoming players or handle the paperwork.
    Like everybody else, he won't know if Charlton have signed a new player until it appears on the website.

That's right, isn't it Henry?

;o)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's Richard Murray that does all the actual nuts and bolts negotiating stuff re transfers..... then Steve Waggot will no doubt come in and tie things up admin wise.
  • Options
    Essex FM says we have signed him.

Didnt get to the game last night had to turn back at Grays due to the Dartford Bridge being closed the whole of the East of London and Essex was at a standstill.

Had Gooners laughing at me when the result came through :-(
  • Options
    I think, despite the result- Pards would have been concentrating on the match yesterday rather than any ransfer dealings
  • Options
    Transfer dealings have nowt to do with Pards Stanmore.
  • Options
    If this Bailey proves to be any where near the level of skill, commitment and physical presence of Mike Bailey then we will have at last found a Parker replacement.
  • Options
    Is he a ball winning midfielder?

If he is, then I'm concerned Pards will play him and Holland and will leave out Racon again, who imo has never done anything wrong in a Charlton shirt...
  • Options
    BRE

he will play Shelvey and Bailey or Racon and Bailey
  • Options
    According to sky sports he was 'ours' by 11.30h today. Where was Tierry Racon yesterday?....surely not to be sold. Agree with BigRedEvil that he has hardly had a chance to impress fans at the Valley, because he hasn't played. Be fair Pards.

Saturday :

Weaver
    Semedo Hudson Fortune Youga
    Racon Bailey, Shelvey Basey
    Dickson Gray
  • Options
    for what it's worth I'd go with the following at Watford :

Weaver
    Moo2 Hudson Fortune Youga
    Bouzza Bailey Racon Basey
    Gray Varney
  • Options
    large, can Bouazza play on that side? He went left wing last night, didn't he, when Thomas went off.

not convinced that Moo2 deserves a place ahead of Semedo but will give him the benefit of the doubt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd agree with large, I think Shelv should be used sparingly, he is way away from the finished article but has great potential and would keep him on the bench. That said his ability to put in a corner does tempt me to start him. How can it be that a 16 year old lad is the best corner kick take I can remember at the Valley
  • Options
    My team, assuming that Fortune is fit and Bailey signs:

Weaver
    Semedo-Hudson-Fortune-Youga
    Bouzza-Bailey-Racon-Basey
    Gray-Varney

Subs: Elliot, Shelvey, Dickson, Moo2, Thomas
  • Options
    I'd agree with that BFR, looks a solid team with enough options on the bench
  • Options
    Henry,

Bouzza can play left or right. Went left last night because the ineffective Sam was on the right and would be more ineffective on the left although he did seem to be drfiting that way when he had the ball but only because he didn't have a fecking clue what to do with it.

bfr, I'm equally happy with Semedo at RB.

Don't want to push Shelvey too much too soon so a place on the bench at Watford seems logical.
  • Options
    I'd go with the team that BFR suggests but with Thomas on the right and Bouzza on the bench.
  • Options
    Henry,

Bouzza can play left or right. Went left last night because the ineffective Sam was on the right and would be more ineffective on the left although he did seem to be drfiting that way when he had the ball but only because he didn't have a fecking clue what to do with it.

bfr, I'm equally happy with Semedo at RB.

Don't want to push Shelvey too much too soon so a place on the bench at Watford seems logical.
  • Options
    Why would you change a back 4 that didn't concede a goal, especially when the right back challenger didn't cover himseld in glory last night? On that basis I'd stick with Saturday's back 5.
  • Options
    Didn't realise that Large. Then Bouazza and Basey wide makes sense as basey gives us more strength and Grant can hit a corner and free kick as well.

Would expect Bouazza to be up for a game v Watford as well.

I know I'm in danger of expecting too much from Bailey (0 games) and Racon (3 games) but I really feel that they are what we need.
  • Options
    Deal's definitely done.

To those suggesting Bouazza on the right, why? Makes no sense to me
  • Options
    Is Bouazza left footed then?