Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky HD

Comments

• Options
    I presume this deal from sky is for existing customers as well?

if so I'm all over this like a rash
  • Options
    I'll call you if mine does

:P
  • Options
    Cheers Large . Job done installation this coming monday, £75 for the box and £30 for the engineer to deliver the box and attach a few wires, But miles better than the £300 they wanted not so long ago.
  • Options
    In reality you only need a dual LNBfor SKy+ or Sky+HD for the ability to record two channels at the same time

Sky however fit a quad LNB as standard for a HD instal, so if you got a dual already then you don't need a quad.

That said there is no way sky will let you have a HD box without installation.

don't get me started on SKY and its money grabbing "you will have what we say you will have" mentality
  • Options
    just got the missus to ring as it's in her name , cheeky gits said no

rang currys and they said it was 60 for the install plus 75 for the box

as I speak she is now back on the blower being more forceful and telling them she's gonna leave an they seem to be changing their minds all of a sudden , strange that aint it
  • Options
    Cut from Digital spy:

For those of you with free landline calls I got through on
    01506 421825
    then the following options
  • Options
    HD or no HD, it's still the shame old shite - surely?!
  • Options
    got mine installed yesterday and would say to anyone that has a HD ready tv and hasn't got HD yet that you really are waisting your telly.

watching the olympics on it is amazing especially (strange as it seems) on eurosport HD , well worth the the price if you can get it for the £75 plus £30

right now I'm watching womans beach volleyball in HD and i's raining , mmmmm.
  • Options
    Totally agree Buckshee - Watch some of theextreme stuff on Rush - PQ blows you away!
  • Options
    Buckshee - stick it on BBC HD when they're showing their HD preview... mindblowing images
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    i upgraded to sky hd when i moved in April. Was £300 at the time but i got it for £250 as apparently im a good customer. quite frustrating to see the level of the price drop. but - i stand by my decision to upgrade being one of my better ones.
    my only problem is i now resent watching tv not in HD as it looks so poor. The sky stunt jumping on RUSH HD last night was superb!! (sic)
  • Options
    Just done mine, £99 box, no install charge, and half price on the HD mix usually a tenner, got it for a fiver.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Just done mine, £99 box, no install charge, and half price on the HD mix usually a tenner, got it for a fiver.[/quote]

Who did you use Rothers?
  • Options
    Sky, KB, rung up to cancel, nice Scottish fella did me the deal over the phone.
  • Options
    Sounds like a plan, Cheers mate.
  • Options
    Git! - Paid £105 and have to pay the Tenner a month for HD - yet it's still worth every penny.
  • Options
    same here bdl got mine sunday
  • Options
    Off_it CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 quote# 38 "HD or no HD, it's still the shame old shite - surely?! "

If anyone is in two minds whether to get it or not, I'd definately advise against. The simple fact is that there just isn't enough content at the moment to justify the cost. I've had HD for about six months now, In that time I don't think there's been a single month where I'd say we had value for money. True the pictures are stunning, but unless you want to watch wall to wall footie and cricket (and your family will let you get away with it) there's not enough on worth watching.

Be aware as well that just because you are watching an HD channel on an HD set up, it doesn't mean that you are neccessarily watching HD content. Half of the time the stuff that is broadcast on the HD channels isn't HD programming!
  • Options
    Very true Stig...Even for the bits that are broadcast in HD, I dont think any of it is in 1080p yet which believe it or not is a big difference in quality to 1080i. Well, when you've got a TV that can handle that as well that is.

1080p dvd player, 1080p disc & 1080p tv = Truely amazing picture quality.
  • Options
    Just had it installed and have to agree that, given the limited choice, it is something of a "luxury" item for the cost. Having said that watching gold, cricket and the U S Open has been "quality".
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "golf" even
  • Options
    We get 30+ channels in 1080p HD over here - they look great, especially the sports & films.

However the bulk of the SD channels look absolutely terrible on my TV set - unwatchable in many cases.
  • Options
    having had mine installed for a couple of weeks now I have got to say I am impressed with the fantastic picture quality but also with the Sky+ functionality. For info the installer said they had just been advised that the £10 pm HD subscription was going to be axed before Xmas. Yippee.
  • Options
    great news large, deffo worth having as I said previously.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]having had mine installed for a couple of weeks now I have got to say I am impressed with the fantastic picture quality but also with the Sky+ functionality. For info the installer said they had just been advised that the £10 pm HD subscription was going to be axed before Xmas. Yippee.

I've heard that also - Wey hey!!

[cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]Off_it CommentTimeAug 13th 2008 quote# 38 "HD or no HD, it's still the shame old shite - surely?! "

True the pictures are stunning, but unless you want to watch wall to wall footie and cricket (and your family will let you get away with it) there's not enough on worth watching.

Good job the wife is also Sports mad!
  • Options
    it is without doubt one of the best new gadgets out for years, what a tv should be like cant wait for the ryder cup
  • Options
    has anyone managed to get a decent deal out of sky recently when threatening to quit them? If so what did you manage to get out of them?
  • Options
    Razil - Take a look at the forums over at Digital Spy - there were some deals being mentioned on the Sky HD thread (like the one at the start of this post).

Got HD installed for £105 (£75 for the box and £30 fitting). Some of the boxes can prove to be temperamental and you need to keep on at Sky if it keeps playing up.

IF they do away with the £10 extra subscription, then there is absolutely no reason not to get it.
  • Options
    What I got seems to be the going rate, £99 for the box, no install charge, and a fiver a month, soon to be dropped
  • Options
    interesting, how do we know the charge is going to be dropped?