Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

this resting players business

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
risking the wrath of the PC brigade ........
Pardew told BBC London 94.9: "We took the option to rest one or two and maybe that was an error.
surely he is joking
they have just come back from a jolly in spain and have played ONE game

they must be knackered

Comments

• Options
    its not necessarily what they have done, it's what they have coming up. Also you're less likely to get injuries while resting.
  • Options
    Think its more to recover from Knocks Hudson being a example i presume he was not fully fit for Swansea
    But saying Weaver was rusty surely another match would have helped ?
  • Options
    We know Hudson had an injury and if we had rested Jon Fortune maybe he wouldn't be injured as well.

Perhaps Gray was carrying a knock as well.

Would anyone have been pleased if Gray and Hudson had been unavailable for Watford as a result of playing in the league cup.
  • Options
    We rested 4 key players last night, and I'm comfy with that, no need to risk Hudson if he's 70/30, Weaver hardly trained after the Brighton game, Racon and Gray were taken out of the firing line.

Plus Southend rested Bailey for us last night, so 5 fresh players for the weekend.
  • Options
    Not sure If resting players just in case they might get injured is a good way forward ,
    If they are injured then they shouldn't play, but if they are not then you should play your best team ( or you get beat )

why take Weaver Racon and Gray out of the firing line ??? sorry don't get it
  • Options
    Cos "maybe" Gray had a knock ; - I

No idea about Racon but I suspect he wanted to give Elliot a game so he's more match ready should the need arise.