Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

And the Jordan - Charlton love in continues (sorry Simon Jordan)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite]if we get into a media tittle-tattle war it will be exactly what he wants.

He has a fair few journos and broadcasters in his pocket, and has employed Max Clifford to handle his media / PR stuff for two years now.

Fight him in the media and we will lose hands down.

I don't think he has any journos/broadcasters in his pocket - what he does have is as you point out Max Clifford who has considerable clout - every now and again he'll feed them a scoop and this is the payback. If we fight him in the media we will only lower ourselves to his level and that is what the tabloid hacks want - a meaningless spat over nothing but one that will generate headlines. Murray, Varney and CAFC are better off not replying, let's take the moral highground.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Is Mr. Jordan suffering from Alzheimer's and genuinely forgets what he says just a few days earlier, or is he simply having a laugh?

You just need to tie it up with his other symptoms.

anxiety
    panic
    bloody nose
    increased energy
    talking rapidly
    rapid pulse and respiration
    paranoia
    confusion
    dilated pupils
    hallucinations
    altered motor activities (tremors, hyperactivity)
    stuffiness
    runny nose

and of course last time he was in court Tara Stout evidence was:-

"She told police the soccer boss was hooked on prescription drugs and a cocaine user. "She called him a thief, a coward, a liar, a bully boy, sexist, racist, misogynist and a hypocrite. "She referred to him as a coke-taking toerag and claimed he sent her a text message saying, 'Go f*** off, P*ki' - a reference to her Indian heritage."
  • Options
    him and sophie anderton... a match made in heaven!
  • Options
    ...well, for his dealer at any rate!

allegedly ;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: CharltonDan[/cite]Is Mr. Jordan suffering from Alzheimer's and genuinely forgets what he says just a few days earlier, or is he simply having a laugh?

You just need to tie it up with his other symptoms.

anxiety
    panic
    bloody nose
    increased energy
    talking rapidly
    rapid pulse and respiration
    paranoia
    confusion
    dilated pupils
    hallucinations
    altered motor activities (tremors, hyperactivity)
    stuffiness
    runny nose

and of course last time he was in court Tara Stout evidence was:-

"She told police the soccer boss was hooked on prescription drugs and a cocaine user. "She called him a thief, a coward, a liar, a bully boy, sexist, racist, misogynist and a hypocrite. "She referred to him as a coke-taking toerag and claimed he sent her a text message saying, 'Go f*** off, P*ki' - a reference to her Indian heritage."

So what are you trying to say ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm just worried that behind all the bluster and ranting and raving he MAY just have a case. The truth will out in the end and we may be left rueing the whole Dowie episode. I can't also help but wonder why Dowie was approached so soon after his Palace departure. Was Murray trying to get one over on Jordan ? I'd like to think not but I'm having serious doubts about that.

He may have a case, but only if he can prove that Dowie and CAFC spoke to each other before Dowie left Palace. I believe Murray etc when they said there had been no contact and that is reflected in the law suit which is aimed at Dowie for "fraudulent misrepresentation" but not CAFC. Quite where/why/how Jordan thinks he can now sue CAFC and on what grounds I'm not sure - unless new information has come to light, in which case surely the writ would have been served. CAFC are not co-defendants and all Jordan has to back his case up is Dowie's stated desire to leave CP to "go back north", if that's the case it's a very flimsy pretext to sue him. He should be grateful that he no longer would have to pay Dowie his wages and that another club had come along to employ Dowie. In essence this looks like a vindictive spiteful case, Jordan may be in the right (or may not) but I really don't see the point in sueing Dowie unless it was to put one over on Charlton.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    I don't think he has any journos/broadcasters in his pocket - what he does have is as you point out Max Clifford who has considerable clout - every now and again he'll feed them a scoop and this is the payback.
    [/cite]

"In his pocket" may be an exaggeration, but he does have good relationships with several journalists, and seems to be pretty pally with the Mirror's James Nursey, for example.

And, frankly, he gives fantastic quote - he's a journalist's wet dream.
  • Options
    He can sue me if he wants.

And I can use the fact that I'm a 'moron' in my defence.
  • Options
    i think all of us should order a box of oranges and send it to Selhurst.

If we can get 100 boxes of oranges sent then it would hit the news.

Can't cost that much surely?
  • Options
    BFR - As a few of the Nigels on BBS have said ID didn't ever say (at the press conference at least) that he wanted to be closer to his family, it was SJ that kept quoting that as his reason for leaving, whilst ID said he needed a fresh challenge.

Whether ID said this during a private and unrecorded conversation is neither here nor there as it would be a case of one persons word against the others. If this were not the case and the conversation had been recorded / documented or the desire to relocate made part of any agreement, then I'm fairly sure that ID would not have gone to court and that we would have just stumped up the money
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted

did she say why she stalked him? as i'm baffled.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    [cite]Posted By: WestStandSinger[/cite]i think all of us should order a box of oranges and send it to Selhurst.

Can't cost that much surely?

I could get something organised if anyone is interested as my old man is a Citrus Importer.

There are normally around 30 boxes per pallet (1 tonne) and you can get class 2 fruits from New Spitafields at around £2 a box.....
  • Options

No, even better let's club together, buy a box of grapes and send them..by the time they'll ahve arrived they'd be sour. What could be better than a case of sour grapes?
  • Options
    Dan, my old man is involved in the fruit importing business as well.

He works down in Canterbury though (used to be Covent Garden years ago)
  • Options
    So did mine. How long ago... Im talking back in the 60s when Cov Gdn was a fruit market.

Odds on the know one another.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]I'm just worried that behind all the bluster and ranting and raving he MAY just have a case. The truth will out in the end and we may be left rueing the whole Dowie episode. I can't also help but wonder why Dowie was approached so soon after his Palace departure. Was Murray trying to get one over on Jordan ? I'd like to think not but I'm having serious doubts about that.

He may have a case, but only if he can prove that Dowie and CAFC spoke to each other before Dowie left Palace. I believe Murray etc when they said there had been no contact and that is reflected in the law suit which is aimed at Dowie for "fraudulent misrepresentation" but not CAFC. Quite where/why/how Jordan thinks he can now sue CAFC and on what grounds I'm not sure - unless new information has come to light, in which case surely the writ would have been served. CAFC are not co-defendants and all Jordan has to back his case up is Dowie's stated desire to leave CP to "go back north", if that's the case it's a very flimsy pretext to sue him. He should be grateful that he no longer would have to pay Dowie his wages and that another club had come along to employ Dowie. In essence this looks like a vindictive spiteful case, Jordan may be in the right (or may not) but I really don't see the point in sueing Dowie unless it was to put one over on Charlton.

I understand Jordan has recently requested a list of all of Dowie's (and his agents/contacts) telephone calls made between the play offs and his departure from Palace.

Dowie never stated in the (Palace) press conference he wanted 'to go back North' he just said he was looking for a 'fresh challenge'.

Dowie was on for a percentage of over £11m of transfers (Johnson, Boyce, Leighterwood) that Palace did in the close season - which he gave up on.

It would now appear that Jordan IS going to sue Charlton.
  • Options
    He's not that old, he started at the company when he was 18 which would have been 1973 and he is still there now!

They probably have crossed paths at one point or another.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addickted

"She told police the soccer boss was hooked on prescription drugs and a cocaine user. "She called him a thief, a coward, a liar, a bully boy, sexist, racist, misogynist and a hypocrite. "She referred to him as a coke-taking toerag and claimed he sent her a text message saying, 'Go f*** off, P*ki' - a reference to her Indian heritage."[/cite]
    [cite]

did she say why she stalked him? as i'm baffled.[/cite]

I assume she'd seen his bank statements.
  • Options
    Aaah is he in New Cov Gdn then?

Ask him if he knows Andrew Poulton
  • Options
    Sod this 'who knows who'.

Tell me where to send the money and put me down for two crates of oranges and one crate of grapes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How about some bananas... as that's clearly what he is
  • Options
    he is a proper plum.
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    "UP THE JUNCTION"

We hate simon jordan
    - we are the super Charlton,
    He is an orange tosser
    - we'll be around for longer.

We emerged the mighty
    - when Dennis scored in 90,
    Triumphant clench of his fist
    - and we still hate the
    ... ... ... Paaah-liss
  • Options
    rather than sending him fruit, which he'll probably pass on to charity and get the 'what a nice man' plaudits for, why not send the amount you are prepared to cough up to a charity (say demelza house as its the one with the charlton association) with an accompanying letter saying this is the money i was going to spend on sending raspberries or whatever to sj but i'd rather it went to something for the kids for christmas...if enough people do it the message would still get across and you'd get the nice man plaudits...
  • Options
    Yeh but that wouldnt wind him up
  • Options
    i guess by the newspaper articles that he doesn't need winding up...you giving him the opportunity to be seen as a nice man for donating boxes of fruit to the local school or hospital doesn't seem that bright to me if he's wound you up enough to want to send them to him in the first place...on the other hand, 50 to 100+ individual letters with a £5 or £10 cheque in them turning up on demelza house's (or wherever) doorstep, unsolicited and with an accompanying note would probably make the press and raise a smile...
  • Options
    Sorry Ltgtr but I am for tipping a truck load of rotten oranges outside the entrance to the Palace training ground.

Dan - can you get your Dad to organise this please? - I will give you my £1 contribution prior to the Everton game. Cheers
  • Options
    anyone thought of infiltrating the palarse mob and starting a sack the board campaign? that would really get him going.
  • Options
    Years ago arsenal fans were selling t-shirts with comments about David Pleat on it!now i ain't saying i want to wear anything with Simon Jordan on it!but it would be a laugh if it got about that we were starting some thing up!maybe all the profit side of it went to a charity!He is always mouthing about us and our board!