Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Therry Racon

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Has anyone any idea why Therry Racon didn't play last night, and wasn't even on the bench? Is he injured?

As well as being many people's MOM last Saturday, he was the only central midfielder who is not too old or too young to be playing 3 games in 8 days. If he was rested, it was clearly the wrong decision.

Comments

• Options
    Maybe he's our first choice midfielder and like Wevaer/Gray and Hudson they were rested.

Hope so anyway. Like to see Racon have a run. Think he could be important for us.

Unfortunately I see Shelvey/Holland and Bailey being used more often

Maybe a 3 man midfield of Racon/Holland/Bailey with two wingers supporting Gray in a 4-3-3?
  • Options
    Nothing in Holland's performances justifies a formation change just to accomodate him and given the goal return of our wingers (Ambrose aside) that formation makes no sense.

If Bailey is as good some are saying then we also have no need for 2 defensive midfielders (particulaly when one of them isn't very good). If Pardew wants to bring on Holland to try close down a game fine but imo Racon and Bailey should be our starting midfield partnership for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    How about playing racon and bailey just behind ambrose (when fit, shelvey could fill the role until then) with Varney out wide and then one of basey/thomas/bouazza on the other wing?
  • Options
    CM, Racon and Bailey for me, Shelvey to fill in, put pressure on them, come off the bench, gradual progession rather than in at the deep end.
  • Options
    According to pards weaver did not play because he looked ring rusty on Saturday so they were concentrating on training this week. personally and using my vast knowledge of training and coaching - not, I would have thought a mix of training and a game would have been ideal
  • Options
    have to agree with randy andy's statement. would be good to see that team. bouazza for me.
  • Options
    I'd like to see chinny get a chance...