Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Well guess who I've just met???

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
I had to go to Walworth Road late afternoon to pick up my car from a mechanic and as I live in Bromley decided to cut over Brockley and call into The Bricklayers Arms in Sydenham and have a pint with a couple of old pals of mine(both Addicks I may add)....and yep who walked in an hour or so after I'd got there, none other than Nicky Bailey!
Shook his hand and welcomed him to The Addicks....of course you feel a bit of a lemon but I was suddenly inspired and asked him if he knew what the word Addicks means...not surprisingly he didn't, so I spent a minute or two explaining to him and his lovely wife about Arthur Bryant (the Charlton fishmonger) and how we came by our nickname. Finished by saying I bet there's not many Charlton players who know that(past and present) and that he'd only just signed a few hours ago and he knew already.
Welcomed him again, wished him all the best of luck and made my exit.
Seems a nice pleasant enough down to earth fella and it would appear he has a nice family there too, his wife was pregnant and I'd say around February time baby Bailey will be on the scene.I don't know if that's their first or not.
I knew his in-laws run the pub(it's a Youngs house), but hadn't thought for one moment that the man himself would pop in there this evening...strange old world aint it!

Comments

• Options
    Well, that was a bit of a scoop eh ? I hope you told him what we're all expecting of him....Or maybe best not to.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I hope you told him if he hears any boo's during or after games it's just the Charlton way of welcoming new players.
  • Options
    Great. The lad signs and within a couple of hours finds out most of our fans are nut nuts !!

only joking Soundas
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    * AFKABartram: "Great. The lad signs and within a couple of hours finds out most of our fans are nut nuts !!"

More worrying - the lad signs and within a couple of hours he's in the boozer! :-p
  • Options
    "More worrying - the lad signs and within a couple of hours he's in the boozer! :-p "

He`s just realised what he`s done! and needed a drink!!!!
  • Options
    What was he drinking, and how many fags did he have while you were there?
  • Options
    Don't blame him for getting straight on the boos, er i mean booze :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Chicago old son don't worry, he certainly didn't have anything to drink and no ciggies either...he seemed to know just about everyone in the pub but after a while spent his time quietly watching the Arsenal game on Setanta and talking on his mobile.
    To his bank manager I wouldn't wonder....LOL!!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Tell you what, that's a bloody good spot SA£, I wouldn't have recognised him even if he had his name tatooed on his forehead.
  • Options
    make bing right, me neither lol

good scoop tho soundas
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Did you get his autograph and flog it on ebay?
  • Options
    did you ask him who he supported?
  • Options
    * Oggy Red
    * CommentTime1 minute ago

Did you get his autograph and flog it on ebay?

Don't worry - the OS will do that tomorrow!
  • Options
    I think he's Fulham MCS
  • Options
    oh what, fulham, never really liked them!
  • Options
    me neither mate - better than palarse or millwall though I suppose
  • Options
    he is chesea. Was on the book at fulham and they kicked him out at 16