Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fleetwood and Sinclair

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Both have joined Cheltenham on 3 month loans.

http://www.kent-online.co.uk/kol08/article/default.asp?article_id=46486

Comments

• Options
    someone please tell me the logic behind Fleetwood going prolific goalscorer and only one of four strikers at the club
  • Options
    dont worry mate Izale's back soon.
  • Options
    Now he is prolific, one of the most vintage charlton games at Norwich last season subing a sub
  • Options
    Don't see any problem here ...... doubtful Sinclair would've broken into the 1st team, certainly not before Xmas.
    He spent last season on loan at Cheltenham until he done his cruciate.

So good move for him.

Good move for Fleets too. Goes to 1st Division Chelts with somebody he knows a bit, who already knows much of their squad.
    And he gets to play in the League below for shooting practice.

Just what the lad needs. Didn't do Dickson any harm last season at Jills.
  • Options
    "someone please tell me the logic behind Fleetwood going prolific goalscorer and only one of four strikers at the club"

If Gray and Varney are your strikers and Todorov and Dickson would be your 2 strikers on the bench, then Fleetwood won't get a look in. He's better off getting some league experience than playing in the reserves, as long as we have a recall clause.
  • Options
    When I was a little boy.......you must consider that we can recall him whenever we want.
  • Options
    A good move for Sinclair - Shelvey, Bailey, Holland, Racon at least are ahead of to play and I think he'll be on his way in January for good.

For Fleetwood, I'm not so sure, I see the value of ensuring that he's up to speed for pro football, but his departure leaves us with three fit strikers plus Toddy and McLeod. That's risking it a bit.
  • Options
    I really don't see the problem sending Fleets to Chelts.

He was playing 5th tier football last year - a huge step up to Championship, even if has a dozen appearances for Cardiff a few years ago.

3rd tier football with Chelts is still a big step for him at the moment, so it's good he can go and and play, like Dickson did at Jills.

Knocking around with a bunch of kids in reserve games won't give him the same benefit as playing hard fought League games.

And as people keep saying, a 3-month loan always holds a recall clause.
  • Options
    It certainly makes sense, Cheltenham were one of the clubs that were chasing Fleetwood when he was at FGR, and Sinclair was on loan there last season...but there's still no mention of it on our OS or Cheltenhams site.
  • Options
    we'll be relying on you for progress reports GloucAddick !
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bouazza can play up front too

and if worst comes to worst we can always play one up front....
  • Options
    But if money is tight why spend it on a player who isn't challenging for a first team spot,goes slightly against what Pards has been preaching doesn't it?
  • Options
    Ok, NSS.

But look at it this way.

Last year we lost Toddy early, then Dickson, McLeod for the rest of the season, also Gray & Varney for short spells.
    At one stage we just had Big Chris fit, so Pards borrowed Lita from Reading.

So injuries/suspensions happen.

If Fleets gets his shooting boots on in Division 1, same as Dickson last season, and comes back at Xmas a confident player with a number of goals under his belt, that might be exactly the player we need to come off the bench for the 2nd part of the season.

How bad's that?
  • Options
    Pards said weeks ago that he would ideally like to send Fleetwood out on loan quickly, so this isn't a major shock.
  • Options
    agreed oggy but in our current situation I really dont see the point in buying (we did have to pay a fee in the end) and then loaning them out straight away.Bad mangement in my book.
  • Options
    he's only 22 too, and needs games to adjust to a higher level. it did dickson the world of good.
  • Options
    Pards was getting stick on here about the Bailey deal and how he could have got him cheaper last season had he signed him from barnet now he's getting stick for signing a player earlier in his career where he might have potential to push on and he gets stick for that.

I'm not Pardews biggest fan by a long distance, but he can do nothing right in some peoples eyes...
  • Options
    Have to admit Fleetwood and Sinclair seem to be two of Pardews most pointless signings...
  • Options
    Pards has a good track record at both Reading and West Ham for bringing in pointless signings, and he built 2 promotion teams as a result.

He's always looked for hungry young players playing at a lower level - some make the grade and some don't.
    Leopards don't change their spots, so why do we expect him to change his policy now?
  • Options
    To be honest, I always thought Fleetwood would go out on loan,in the same way that Dicko did last season. He certainly came back a better player for the experience, maybe Fleetwood will do the same. His performances in pre season suggested he wasn't quite ready for the first team yet. We'll all be checking his progress with interest.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    can't see anything negative in either of these moves. Sinclair is even behind Josh Wright imo and I doubt we'll see him again, whilst Fleetwood needs games and if he isn't going to get them for us (yet) then a confidence building loan is just the ticket. Only small downside is that until Toddy returns we only have Dicko as back-up. Anyone think Wagstaff and Wright may depart on loan too ?
  • Options
    Wagstaff deffo needs a loan and wouldn't be suprised to see Wright at a lower CCC side as he's a very good player.
    Large i think Pards sees Bouazza as a striking option if needs be, as he showed Tuesday night.
  • Options
    If needs be, can't they be recalled?...
  • Options
    http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/football/Downing-deal-Charlton-duo/article-270244-detail/article.html

apparently no deal

Cheltenham Town manager Keith Downing has denied reports that the club are on the verge of signing Charlton Athletic duo Stuart Fleetwood and Dean Sinclair on loan.

Reports in London yesterday claimed that former Forest Green Rovers striker Fleetwood and former Cheltenham loanee Sinclair were to put pen to paper on three month loan deals.

However the Cheltenham manager has poured scorn on the rumours claiming that a deal for the pair has not been agreed.

"No deal will be done today or for the foreseeable future." said Downing.

Fleetwood signed for Charlton in the summer for a nominal fee after his goalscoring exploits for Forest Green Rovers alerted a host of clubs in the Football League.

He agreed a three-year contract with the Addicks and scored one goal in five pre-season appearances.

He was named in Charlton's match day squad for the first time on Tuesday night, but was an un-used substitute in the 1-0 defeat to Yeovil Town.

Sinclair, an attacking midfield player impressed in a three-month loan spell at Whaddon Road last season.

He scored twice in a fourteen game spell that was ended when he suffered knee ligament damage in the 4-1 Boxing day defeat at Swansea City.
  • Options
    hmmmmm. Maybe off somewhere else then or Cheltenham are playing it down until it's done. KM doesn't normally run gossip stories and they had the Mark Robson has gone scoop about two weeks before the OS.
  • Options
    hmmmmm. Maybe off somewhere else then or Cheltenham are playing it down until it's done. KM doesn't normally run gossip stories and they had the Mark Robson has gone scoop about two weeks before the OS.
  • Options
    The OS scoop will be revealed in 13 days time, then .... ?

(I can safely say this while Henry's on holiday and know I wont get a slap ....)

;o)
  • Options
    Should anyone be interested there is a short interview with Dean Sinclair on his month-long loan with the Robins ( http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/video.html -- name of video is Robins In Vision, Season 2, Episode 7) prior to Cheltenham's thrashing at Oldham available for viewing.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]The OS scoop will be revealed in 13 days time, then .... ?

(I can safely say this while Henry's on holiday and know I wont get a slap ....)

;o)

oh no you can't ; - 0
  • Options
    Dean sinclair has actually joined on a seasons loan and fleetwood will move to a league club today