Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Zakuani

Although fully aware how much a waste of time unfounded speculation is, I can't help but engage in it regardless. Bringing Bailey in definitely blunts the pain of seeing Zhi likely leave (although scoring would still seem to very much be a problem), I'm very much looking forward to Bouazza play on the wing, and the loan moves for Sinclair and Fleetwood (and Aswad?) seems to be a positive development providing possible options for the second half of the season.

That would seem to leave the issue of the relative lack of center backs. Sam Sodje would have been perfect and his injury could not have been at a more inopportune time. For reasons expressed by others, McShane seems to be a risk to soak the club; and I don't know anything about the Portsmouth pair that were mentioned by Pards today.

So here's a question: any thoughts on Fulham's Gabriel Zakuani? I can't imagine that Hodgson's got any plans for him and I think he is signed through 2010. He seems to be a Championship player, is relatively young (22), and got generally decent reviews for his time principally as a sub for Stoke City the last two seasons.

Sorry, I'll try not to do this again.

Comments

• Options
    Don't apologise - this is a forum and that's what its for!

Don't know anything about Zakuani, though.
  • Options
    Isn't Zakuani the American word for courgettes?
  • Options
    must admit i've never heard of him College...
  • Options
    played against us when we luckily beat Orient in cup.He also scored against Fulham in the round earlier which brought5 him to there attention.Not a bad call a youngster with something to prove.
  • Options
    You might not have heard of him AFKA but there's a chance you saw him play when we beat Orient in the cup a couple of years ago. Personally i don't think he's quite up to it but he's still very young and could improve.
  • Options
    I've heard good stuff about him to be fair - so highly unlikely we'll be interested
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    he's on a season long loan at Norwich, signed a couple of weeks ago. At least I think he is, hang on I'll check.

Yep, I was wrong, some other bloke from Fulham with a dodgy name.
  • Options
    I think you're talking about Omozusi Large.
  • Options
    Bouazza is a dodgy sounding name, Large .... and he's from Fulham
  • Options
    Is there really a player called Omozusi Large, mart77 ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    haha, named in your honour!
  • Options
    He's got his own web-site and "diary."

http://www.icons.com/zakuani/home.html

From his entry on Tuesday:

I'll see if I'm involved when the season starts. If not it might be best to look elsewhere. I'm enjoying it here though. I'm not going to moan if I'm not playing. I'm expecting to start the season at Fulham. I'll ask the manager whether he's got plans for me and take it from there.
  • Options
    Maybe Phil Chapple spelt his name wrong when he was off scouting last season and we got Bouazza by mistake?
  • Options
    The cousin of Omozusi Large is Gladstone Small

FACT
  • Options
    Watched Zakuani a few times over Orient as a teenager before Fulham snapped him up, was assured and a class above at 18/19... would add a lot in my opinion - badly needs rescuing for the sake of his career.
  • Options
    Just signed on loan at Peterborough
  • Options
    Thanks for the update CFS.