Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Amdy's Gone

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Stoke for an undisclosed fee on the OS now.

Bye Amdy, thanks for the memories.

Comments

• Options
    RESULT! Even if the fee is tuppence, it's the news we've been waiting for.
  • Options
    I thought this might be a wind up, but what can I say - happy days!

This appears to have been as eagerly anticipated as any signing we could make this summer.

Cheers Chunes.

That's two big earners off the books today - excellent news.
  • Options
    Yipee i a yipee i o.
  • Options
    You see, you see - I told you that today was a beautiful day!!!

Lump on us to win this weekend people, lump on.
  • Options
    This is the best piece of Charlton news all summer.

Now we can move on.
  • Options
    Happy days. Must've shifted at least 40k a week off the wage bill with Faye and Thomas gone. Hopefully get a couple more season long loans in now
  • Options
    "Undisclosed fee"

Have they paid us or have we paid them? :-)
  • Options
    Just got dropped of home by the RAC after the company car broke down, all tools still on board, so no more work!! its a beautiful FRIDAY afternoon, I`m getting paid!!! cant decide if I want to play 18 holes, pop up the driving range, or sit in the garden and crack open a cold one!!!! but with news like "Faye has gone" thats me off to the beer fridge ;-),
  • Options
    With these two large earners gone, will that be the end of the fire sale?

ZZ will probably leave but surely now we are in a better bargaining position
  • Options
    Great news about Faye. One of the worst players i have seen grace a Charlton shirt.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh happy day (ohh happy day)
    Oh happy dayy (ohh happy day)
    When Pardew washed (when pardew washed)
    When Pardew washed (when pardew washed)
    Dowie's sins away
  • Options
    Good news, hopefully Pards can announce a couple of signings.

We desperately need another CB at least...
  • Options
    Finally we've got some money to get a non-league striker in!
  • Options
    A bright ray of light on my dark day!
  • Options
    D-I-S-C-O
  • Options
    A story of Simon Jordan falling into a cess pit is now the only thing that could make my day complete
  • Options
    I heard he fell down the steps at Shitehurst this morning and landed on the pitch. Will that do?
  • Options
    No difference, LoOkie, Carts :o)
  • Options
    Stoke fans reckon we are subsidising (some of) his wages hence the "undisclosed fee" and one year deal which apparently ties in to what he had left with us.

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards27.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=38419&page=1
  • Options
    i think it is a fecking terrible piece of news Amady Faye was the missing link last season and will leave a gapping big hole in our squad this season.

for fuk sake if he is for sale the club must be doomed he was head and shoulders better than every other player last year

just thought i would say it first
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I guess this makes Stoke Fayevourites for relegation.
  • Options
    Stoke signed two Fayes hoping they can make one good one out of them.
  • Options
    And two A. Fayes at that. Wonder what they will put on the back of their shirts, or is the plan to play them one at a time and use the same shirt? Complete recipe for confusion for referees, I imagine, let alone commentators!
  • Options
    They would need to have 2 different squad numbers, Weegie ....... if they are au fait with that?
  • Options
    The question I would like to know the answer to but i fear we will have to wait until the agm is A) Did we get a fee and b)Are we still paying some of his wages. The latter was mooted sometime a ago by somebody well connected to the club.I pray we still dont have to pay some of this donkey's wages.
  • Options
    A) Did we get a fee and b)Are we still paying some of his wages

Regarding the fee the PR talked about an "undisclosed" fee, meaning we must have gotten something (but how much?), so why would we then subsidise his wages for Stoke? Surely if that was the case we'd have reduced the fee to accomodate any subsidy, or let him go on a free?

Presumably there's also a clause or two in there - if Stoke avoid relegation we might get a bit more money.

He seems to have signed a one year deal with Stoke, I can't think that he'll have signed on any less than his wage at Charlton, otherwise why bother? I presume that he'll be earning more-or-less the same at Stoke as he was at Charlton, perhaps he has an option to sign for another year/two, which wouldn't have been likely under any circumsatnces with us.
  • Options
    Feel a bit sad really. He wasn't much use, but it wasn't his fault that our club's scouting and fee/salary negotiation were poor. At the end of the day, he represented us and actually won a couple of games for us (Pompey away and Bolton at home). He never didn't try, he was just not a Premiership player, or even possibly a Championship player. Not deserving of the bile poured on him, here and elsewhere.
  • Options
    Great news to have finally got shot of him. The last piece of the Dowie era has left the building just over 24 months since it began.