Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Microsoft Outlook - Message Error Help

edited August 2008 in Troubleshooting
Hi I have suddenly startede getting the following message on Microsoft Outlook

Task 'mail.btinternet.com - Sending and Receiving' reported error (0x8004060C) : 'Unknown Error 0x8004060C'

I also have an e-mail stuck in the outbox, when I try and delete it it says "The Message interface has returned an unknowmn error. If the problem persists restart Outlook" Which I have done.

I cannot send or receive- anyone got any ideas on how to sort it?

Comments

• You may have too many messages in your mailbox and your personal folder file is full. If you delete a bunch of stuff you don't need any more you should be able to send/receive again. You should be able to create a second personal folder and start sending/recieving via that one and you the full up one as an archive if you do not want to delete anything.
  • Good shout Kigelia, though, depending on what version of Outlook you have this may not be possible. If its pre-Outlook 2003 there is a hard limit of 2Gb on .pst files - over this size they corrupt and you have to run a repair utility. Unfortunately, all the repair utility does is trim the mailbox down by deleting items, and you have no way of choosing what to select. It all depends on what version of Outlook you have
  • Thanks it is 2002 spent hours last night repairing and saving pst files individually reloading them and then cutting them down, Think I am there now. Cheers