Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent vs Essex: Friends Provident Final

Kent won the toss and are batting, currently 13 for no wicket off 4.4 overs.

Comments

• Options
    31-2 come on Essex!!!
  • Options
    NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER....
    choose to bat first in a late summer final at Lords.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    i will put it as nicely as i possible can FECK RIGHT OFF YOU WHITE SHOE WEARING ESSEX.
  • Options
    Hear hear!
  • Options
    Kent 214 all out off 50, McLaren and Van Jaarsveld with half-centuries saving things for Kent, at least they have a total to defend.
  • Options
    Essex 68/2 off 15.4, Mahmood has got both openers. Essex have wickets and time in hand, not looking good.
  • Options
    F**k the footty, Bopara's out.
    Bring Treddy on Rob and squeeze the bastards.
  • Options
    Looks a bit comfortable for Essex...
  • Options
    4 down. COME ON YOU KENT
  • Options
    "Looks a bit comfortable for Essex..."
    They should still do it but at least we've given ourselves a sniff. Napier's going to be key if we can get to him while they're still 100 or so away. Treadwell and Stevens could turn the screws.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    5 down, still just about hanging in there with a slim chance. Only 54 needed.
  • Options
    Bollocks.
    Decision to bat cost us the game unfortunately.
  • Options
    Bad day for me all round yesterday(I was at Lords, with the option of going onto Vicarage Road)...Addicks and Kent lose.
    Onwards and upwards guys.............onwards and upwards!
  • Options
    As my scouse friend (SoundAs ) says, not a good day.
    Dunno why Rob batted first, although why he was given out when the ball was atleast 2" away from the bat......
    and ,from what i heard from the lads at Vicarage Road, a below-par performance from the Addicks.
    AND East Stirling lost in the last minute. ('tho the 'amlet won - 1outta 4).
  • Options
    A very peculiar decision by Fat Bob to bat first given the conditions and state of the pitch. Having said that, Napier and Masters exploited the conditions excellently and took their opportunity.

A word for the very drunken Essex supporters. Their chants of Essex, Essex, Essex made them sound as if they were all a bit "special". Surprise surprise, there was even a burst of blowing bubbles towards the end. Then there was me thinking West Ham were at home on Saturday.

A special mention for the Essex fan behind my little group. After being attacked by a wasp, he managed to knock his Oakley sunglasses off his head about 10 or so rows in front on us then was literally in tears because he couldnt find them. Following his decision to start singing "we are top of the league" when West Ham went 2-0 up, I decided to not see where his sunglasses went and denied seeing them fly off into the distance. What a t*sser.
  • Options
    think your find this season we have had a abysmal record chasing totals if you look at essex there record is the same.If they had won the toss I am 90% certain they would have chose to bat.Kemp let us down again and unfortunately Mahmood did but he has been superb for us this season so one bad game is allowed.Kemp on the other hand has been a complete waste of time this season taking Walker's place in his benefit year which I think is a shame.