Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Watford

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Weaver, Semedo, Hudson, Fortune, Youga, Racon, Bailey, Bouazza, Sam, Varney, Gray

Subs: Dickson, Basey, Holland, Shelvey, Elliot

Comments

• Options
    So it looks like 4-4-2, with only Basey as a defensive sub, with Fortune and Hudson both recovering from injuries that's a big risk.
  • Options
    Looks OK on paper. A lot resting on a very new midfield to click! Sam is suddenly the most experienced in terms of games for us, at least!
  • Options
    Holland on the bench can shore things up if we can grab a lead.
  • Options
    Looks like pretty much the strongest team we can field as a first eleven at the moment !
  • Options
    Looks like a solid line up on paper. Much will depend on if Racon and Bailey click in midfield.
  • Options
    Watford: Poom; Doyley, Sadler, Bromby, DeMerit; Smith, Eustace, Harley, Williamson, McAnuff; Priskin.

Subs: Loach, Mariappa, Francis, Hoskins, Rasiak.
  • Options
    Surprised that Bailey went straight in. Is Holland now 4th in the pecking order in central mid?
  • Options
    Watford are going for 4-5-1, I hope our inexperienced looking midfield can compete...
  • Options
    Surprised that Bailey went straight in. Is Holland now 4th in the pecking order in central mid?

Holland missed a lot of the pre-season and at 34 is better to keep around and use in short bursts - finishing games etc. As to his place in the pecking order - he could even be fifth when ZZ returns.

Bailey I think will be an automatic starter and we need to give Racon an extended run, bring Shelvey on for a few games here and there.
  • Options
    Holland can come on if we switch to 4-5-1....I don't think he's fully fit because I don't think Pards would have thrown Bailey straight in....then again I cannot figure out some of Pards decisions......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the problem with throwing Bailey in?

He was accomplished in the League below last season and was Southend's Player of the Year.

He's trained a full pre-season, played in their friendlies and played 90 mins last Saturday - so he's match fit.

He'll be wanting to prove himself - and will bring loads of energy and determination to the team.
    That's why Pard's bought him.
  • Options
    Agreed, Oggy - by the sound of it he should offer a bit more 'bite' than anyone else we have too.
  • Options
    He's been bought for a reason - and it isn't to sit on the bench.
  • Options
    Awful atmosphere,anyone know how many we took there?
  • Options
    Awful atmosphere,anyone know how many we took there?

Good, keep the home fans quiet.
  • Options
    Bailey getting stuck in by the sounds of it...
  • Options
    Smith 1-0 Watford...
  • Options
    Think I'll go and clean the kitchen :-(
  • Options
    Youga sent off!
  • Options
    At least we have a reserve left back in Basey around.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    what did youga do?
  • Options
    Am at the game - not much football on show - very windy and too many long balls.

Silly goal (allowed long ball to bounce) - sending off looked harsh but players didn't complain much.

Only Bailey, Hudson, Racon and Semedo have shown anything - only two longrange shots in the way of chances for us.

Basey will come on at HT - expect Sam to go off, Varney to go to right in 4-4-1.
  • Options
    He was the last man and brought their guy down.
  • Options
    3 game or 1 suspension ?
  • Options
    Was feeling a bit down but Carter has just rang me as he has gone with a mate to Gillingham. They are currently down to the -30 points Team of Luton Town. The game is total Crap, Gillingham are hopeless & their fans starting booing the team after 4 minutes LOL
  • Options
    1 I think. Bouazza off, Basey on.

Back to do the gardening.
  • Options
    Bouazza subbed, Youga on.
  • Options
    Youga was sent off!
  • Options
    Mate has just rung me from the ground at HT and reckons Youga won the ball cleanly. He did admit to the fact that he'd been in the pub since 11am though so could be wrong.
  • Options
    according to the commentator Watford is now in north London, I didn't realise they'd relocated...

:)