Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Watford Stewards

Credit where credit is due-

Last time i went to Vicarage Rd we had well documented trouble with fans standing- have to say that it was good that both the stewards and police saw sense and just let those in the last few rows who wanted to stand and weren't blocking anyone's view just do it.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed, atmosphere first half was pretty good. Just shows how much better it is when the standers can congregate together. Good block of 6/7 rows standing early on.
  • Options
    Decent effort by the fans, more than you could say for the officials, "professional" my arse
  • Options
    That's because they're not professional. Only Premier League referees are employed full time by the FA, even PL assistants are part time and I know three of them!
  • Options
    Last season about 90% of the fans were standing.
  • Options
    Believe it or not i have met Iain Williamson- he is the national sales manager for a large mortgage lender.

He introduced himself as sales director and premiership referee.

Actually i thought he was a decent guy but didn't like it when he actually had to admit that he hadn't refereed a premiership match- just acted as a 4th official..

think we know why..!
  • Options
    So, he's a liar then? If he hasn't refereed a Premiership match then he surely isn't a Premiership referee. I guess that's sales managers for you - all bullsh*t, bravado and boll*x!!!
  • Options
    all ov us should stand at away games