Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks boss steps up defender search

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/topsport/display.var.2427666.0.addicks_boss_steps_up_defender_search.php

If the link doesn't work automatically, please just copy and paste it into the address box above.

Comments

• Options
    He's not mentioned in that article but it's unlikely to be Cranie who's been rumoured on here recently. I saw he was on the Pompey bench yesterday so they probably plan to keep him.
  • Options
    likely to be McShane especially if Sunderland tie up the Ferdinand deal.
  • Options
    Why does the OS omit certain quotes from the post-match interview? Surely anyone going on the site would be interested in reading everything Pardew had to say, not what somebody decides is 'interesting'...
  • Options
    we need at least two centre halves in, ideally 3 if Preston are still interested in JF
    McShane smashed his kneecap at the end of last season, so perhaps he is a high injury risk option
  • Options
    McShane is absolute pony would rather promote a ressie
  • Options
    Don't know anything about Mcshane so can't comment on him. I'm sure there is a reason but why dosen't Sam Sodje ever get linked with us. In my opinion I thought he was pretty good for us last season and I'm sure Pardew rated him as I seem to remember an interview where Pardew said out of last seasons loanees he was the best one (I realise there wasn't much competition).
  • Options
    Sodje has just had a knee op but is on Pards radar.
  • Options
    I'm sure there is a reason but why dosen't Sam Sodje ever get linked with us

He has been - there were news reports a couple of weeks ago quoting Pards saying that he/his agent had been in contact with him and that he seems keen to join us, reading between the lines Pards seemed interested. I'm not sure why it hasn't happened, maybe Reading might not want to release him until they know which of their players are staying/going and there might be negotiations regarding the transfer fee, Sodje's contract etc, if Reading are holding out for a transfer fee which we can't afford then that might be that, especially if there are other clubs out there willing to pay more.
  • Options
    As Large said, Sodjes's recuperating from his knee op - so not even fit enough to play.

I would think, a fully fit Sodje would have been snapped up by now, as the price will be within budget - and he's already proven his character and able to fit ito the side last season, sp Pards would know what he's getting.
  • Options
    Well there's the answer then. How come people know all about these players but I don't know anything. I would say living in deepest darkest Southampton is the reason but then oggy lives somewhere where they only just got running water, electricity and inside toilets and he knows whats going on lol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I knew..... :-)

And I get my news via a pigeon to Bermuda via Chicago!
  • Options
    What can I say CA. Bermuda is more technologically advanced than Southampton.
  • Options
    Nice one, Saint Addick, lol!

Running water? ........ they invented the stuff down here in Cornwall, there's running water and water running everywhere.
    It hasn't stopped bloody raining for a month, no kidding!

You'll be pleased to hear that my cottage does now have salubrious inside ablutional facilities ..... but down the bottom of the garden, my old outside bog, with it's cast iron 'Plymouthia' cistern & chain still does occasional duty on that rare sunny Sunday morning when me and my newspaper indulge in 5 minutes escapism and contemplation........(!)
  • Options
    As I'm only a little way along the coast from you I have to say the weather here is just as shit as yours. My sister lives in Bude and everytime we visit the weather is absolute crap.

I'm glad to hear that modernisation is reaching the western extremities.
  • Options
    Know how you feel Oggy. Went down to a festival in Gweek last weekend, complete bloody washout and the wind broke my tent pole. Hope it clears up for you mate.