Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Did Youga deserve to go ?

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
was it shown on the Championship ? I thought on the day it was harsh but have not seen it again. Will we appeal ?

Comments

• Options
    According to a quote from Youga in the Sun - we will appeal.
  • Options
    To be honest if it was the other way round and it was their defender we would have wanted him sent off. there wasn't a covering defender and he never got the ball. I dont think we'll win an appeal
  • Options
    having not seen it again I thought there was a covering defender, the guy wasn't clean through and Youga got a touch on the ball. What made it worse was that Priskin should already have been off himself. Already booked he then elbowed Hudson, which the linesman actually saw and flagged, and then went through the back of someone else. Later on how did Francis escape a booking for sycthing Holland in half ?
  • Options
    I was 100% convinced watching it behind the goal he got a very clear touch on the ball. From where we were, we had the best view of the decision.

What annoyed me the most, the ref was a long way away and the lino was exactly level. Not only did the lino not signal, but the ref never thought of checking his view, on what was a match changing decision.
  • Options
    very harsh decision, but not clear cut either way so I can't see it being downgraded on appeal
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    for the sending off did fortune play him onside????looks off side but cant see fortune the whole time
  • Options
    Uncle, no covering defender? Are you sure? From where I was standing I was sure the attacker would have got caught
  • Options
    never a sending off
  • Options
    Us & Appeals don't tend to go very well, so I'd be inclined not to bother it's only a one match ban after all.
  • Options
    "What annoyed me the most, the ref was a long way away and the lino was exactly level. Not only did the lino not signal, but the ref never thought of checking his view, on what was a match changing decision."

He did actually AFKA. As the referee called Youga over to him he looked at the lino & touched his top pocket, where he kept the cards. The lino then clearly nodded his head in agreement. I must say though, to me it was never even a foul yet alone a sending off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    few points here :

1) I'm sure there was a covering defender
    2) ref looked at lino, said something to him, lino nodded. Why then did he not flag in the first place ?
    3) not sure I want it downgraded. Youga was having an absolute shocker !!
  • Options
    Funny what others pick up on Pete, I was quite far back, didn't see the linesman flag or do anything with his arms to gesture so just assumed the lino hadn't given anything.
  • Options
    on OS: No appeal, he misses the Reading game
  • Options
    The covering defender Hudson was probably a yard or 2 behind them, so he may have got back, he may not, we'll never know.
    I think that anywhere else on the pitch the ref wouldn't even have given a foul.
  • Options
    He went to the lino for affirmation after he dished out the card, almost to make him feel a bit better
  • Options
    No appeal - I don't blame Charlton to be honest cause the FA would extend it for a "frivolous appeal" to about 20 matches!!!

:o)
  • Options
    Listening on the radio, the commentators said virtually immediately that it could be a red card, so I don't think we can complain too much. Just take the punishment.
  • Options
    I just dont feel he can be called a covering defender if he's two yards behind he'got to at least be level
  • Options
    Looked at it on the TV yesterday, it was very harsh but I can see why it was given. If the ref had used common sense then he would have just been booked and maybe if it had happened in six weeks time thats all it would have been. It will be interesting to see if basey can give a performance to keep Youga on the side lines.
  • Options
    There's no point in appealing even though it was harsh.

Sankofa had a good case when he appealed and he got an extra ban. Which, incidentally, STILL, makes me effing furious!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I was in line with the 'challenge' and immediately thought Youga got a touch on the ball and the forward fell over. Not so sure now having watched the replays?!
  • Options
    Just seen it for the first time and he doesn't win the ball, he's the last man by about 2 yards and the striker is going towards the goal - so don't think the ref had any choice. The striker does go down very easily though, so Youga needs to learn that sometimes he has to accept he can't win the ball and just track his man and not challenge.

That's his 3rd red in 12 months so there's obviously something that needs to be worked on with his game.