Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Live last night

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
can you have a hour's show on Charlton whereby the main topic for debate will be the previous days game and yet of the four people in the studio none had been to the game ? Not meaning to be critical but if you want a debate and invite callers surely part of that is being able to say to said callers 'well, I saw it differently' or 'I thought Youga was having a mare anyway' etc etc.

Comments

• Options
    It was always the same ... it always made me laugh back in the day when no one had ever been to the game. One of the old fans directors Steve someone never went to any game ... home or away ...
  • Options
    hehe, 6-0-6 has been doing sterling business with people who haven't been to the game for a good 10 years
  • Options
    Steve Clarke that was Riscardo. Nice bloke but as you say hardly ever went away but had an opinion on it.
  • Options
    Thats the fella ... its the same on Glynne Jones PO list ... no one actually goes, but they spend hours moaning about the rADIO kENT COMMENTARY ON dAB
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    It's a fair point Large and one which may well be repeated through the season. For this week, the Watford away match is one which I would normally go to, but regrettably it was not to be this time around.

In our defence, we did invite callers to discuss Saturday's match to enlighten us on what transpired, but no-one took us up on the offer, therefore all I could comment on for example was the goal, Weavers double save and the sending off, which I had seen on the TV.

Had someone chose to call having watched the game, you would not have found us in a position to argue about their view, but other listeners might and that is the point of the show. It's not just about the four people in the studio, but initiating and gauging fans reactions as a whole.

i would also slightly refute your point that the main topic for debate is the previous days match, aside from the fact that this week, we had Yeovil's game to talk about, there are many issues currently surrounding our club that are of interest, which I think was highlighted by the topics of the calls and e-mails we did get.
  • Options
    KillersBeard : you could always ask someone off here to ring in and give a match report from their point of view. I'd be willing from time to time, I'm not going to Preston or Forest but I'd happily ring in with a report from Donny Rovers. Would be good if you could get a different reporter for every away game. It'll plug this site as well : 'Here's a report on yesterday game from a Charlton Lifer, welcome to the show GolfAddick'. Or maybe not !!
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited August 2008
    We did ask for people at the game to ring in. It's not as if you didn't know the number Neal, even I remembered it!! I used to go to away games, but given my recent record in the past 5 years - we've lost very one I went to - I think it best I stay away ;-)

To be fair, it was our first night last night, it's going to take time to shape the programme and get the calls rolling in. We have some features lined up, but just didn't have the time to get them in last nights show.

It's amazing how quickly that hour went!
  • Options
    BDL : I wasn't actually listening !! My mate rung this morning to ask if I had listened but I hadn't as I was down in Bexhill and he said that he thought it odd that no-one had actually been to the game and that lessened the worth of the programme in his eyes. I'll ring next time and if it's a bit slow I'll make sure Golfie rings in as well !!! (He probably would have but is in the Bahamas at the moment).
  • Options
    Is there any news about a Podcast does anyone know ?
  • Options
    So it's alright for you to complain about the show even though you didn't listen to it, but it's an issue that the presenters didn't go to the game and still talk about it?! Double standards or what!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What time is the show on at, I ended up tuning into Time to hear a show about 1982, deep joy!
  • Options
    i presume 6-7 Rothko, as i tuned in at 7 to the delights of 'Nathan' playing The Lion Sleeps Tonight....
  • Options
    HeathHero : mine was a genuine point made to me by a listener who listened and thought it strange. I don't see why I shouldn't raise this as an issue. I didn't say it was my point or that I had listened. I would have done so but coverage doesn't extend to Bexhill. I don't go to the House of Commons but I still have political views.
  • Options
    In our defence, we did invite callers to discuss Saturday's match to enlighten us on what transpired, but no-one took us up on the offer, therefore all I could comment on for example was the goal, Weavers double save and the sending off, which I had seen on the TV

Just a thought, but if the situation arises again whereby none of the people in the studio are going to attend the previous day's match, why not send a whisper here to one or two people who are going and ask if they'll phone the programme the next day with their views?
  • Options
    As I said before, given my recent track record - do you really want me going to away games ;-)

Seriously - it would have been great for one of us at least to have made it, but it wasn't the case - I can guarantee that 2 of the presenters will have been to the match next week - I'm not in for next Sunday's show as I am accompanying my wife to a concert in the Earl's Court area to see an 80's has been and no I'm not growing a goatee!

As for Podcast - we're working on that - maybe not for last nights show.
  • Options
    What time is the show?
  • Options
    And what channel is it on? Is Time available on DAB? Is the frequency 106.8 still?
  • Options
    No one on the show went to the game ? I can hear Ooh Aah laughing as we speak :-)
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I know I'll probably be seen as bias but I thought KB was tops, even when the twit presenting it drowned him out with Bruce Hornsby.

A couple of things, why do you need music anyhoo? You only have an hour (which isn't enough imo) & it's a football show. If I wanted to listen to old 80's music I would have hung on until the show after.

And the other point is that Paddy McCarthy scored an o/g this weekend................you missed that off the tally in the comp ;-)

Keep at it chaps, it will get better.............not that KB needs to (ok ok but I think he is perfect for Radio ;-) )

xx
  • Options
    not that KB needs to (ok ok but I think he is perfect for Radio ;-) )

certainly got the face for it.........

JOKE (before i get a handbag round the head)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Feel free to start a seperate thread entitled sick bucket to chuck your contributions in!! :-) (thanks Sis by the way).

As for Dan (aka Twit) ;-) there was a panic over an incoming call that might have been lost, hence the sudden introduction of Bruce, although to be fair it might have been by popular demand to shut me up.

Completely missed the Paddy Mac contribution over the weekend, although if you'd checked the small print of the competition it did state own goals didn't count. HONEST!! :-)

To confirm the show is on beween 6pm and 7pm every Sunday on Time 106.8FM and as far as I know also on the web, www.time1068.com.

Cheers

KB, (a perfect face for radio)
  • Options
    Beat me to it AFKA :-)
  • Options
    I look forward to the podcast guys.
  • Options
    me too
  • Options
    BTW that "Twit" is a fellow lifer - AFKA Disco - and his mum is bigger than yours!
  • Options
    So it's not on on digital radio then? I'm not being obtuse (learned that word last week) but is it or not?!?!?!?!
  • Options
    Carter I believe only 106.8 (if in catchment area) or via link (click listen live when show is on)

http://www.time1068.com/
  • Options
    So the upper blocks of the Kidbrooke ferrier or Strood if your near the 3 crutches? Or atop my house with a radio held in the air like the old days? If so bring it on!
  • Options
    I dunno people go out of their way to give people a platform to air their views on charlton live on radio and someone still has to bloody moan. Does it matter if they went or not. The whole point is the LISTENERS do the feedback on the programme.

Take Talksport Adrian Durham doesn't go to all the games but doesn't stop him having an opinion on games does it.
  • Options
    Isn't the point more that the programme is back, and that people/the ordinary punter can air their views by phoning in?
    The presenters may not have been to the most recent game, but the two who write on here have a long association with Charlton, so it's not a problem is it really? There will be times when they all have been to the most recent match and sometimes when they haven't. But I think they can still speak with some authority on the club, and they hardly shout down others' views eh?
    Either way, if people phone in there will be debate, and the exchange of opinions, and it will be a laugh, and a good excuse to miss Songs of Praise :)