Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympics equality?

We don't have sprinting events for white people only or basketball events for short people only or gymnastic events for fat people only or sailing events for Sunni Muslims only or shot-put events for pensioners only or boxing for gay people only?

The Olympics are about finding the best individual marathon runner, swimmer etc. .... without any dispensations on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexuality, size or age.

So should events be restricted to men or to women only?

Comments

• Salad - this is very controversial for you!
  • Tongue in cheek?

For athletic sports I can understand it. It's not bigoted to say that male athletes have more strength/speed than female athletes. Otherwise they WOULD compete together.

What I don't understand is...Female darts? Female snooker?
  • but tall basketball players have more reach than short ones, in some athletic events the top black athletes have more speed than the top white athletes.

Surely the Olympics should be about finding the best person in each category.
  • Sorry Salad, but what a stupid question
  • i think the reaction you will get will be mixed salad
  • Hmm. There are few genetic/hormonal differences across races. The differences across gender are actually quite vast.

You must be very bored today Salad
  • "The differences across gender are actually quite vast" - whatever happened to sexual equality?
  • edited August 2008
    oohaahmortimer CommentTime10 minutes ago permalink
    i think the reaction you will get will be mixed salad
    Lol

I was going to write that now I`ll have to write, I really dont give a toss"ed" Salad ;-)
  • You could've had, ".... to me, it's all Greek Salad ...."
  • I think your gonna get a rocket salad.
  • Sponsored links:

• Is this a joke?
  • TCE, you could've said he's trying to get tossed.