Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are we set to take a punt on Bowyer??

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Could be on the cards I hear....Mmmmmm I wonder.
As rumours go this is firmly in the top drawer but it's being talked about if nothing else.

Comments

• Options
    where did you hear this?
  • Options
    Reams has mentioned this as well.

We're "in talks" for LB and Nigel Quashie and is dependent on them signing a couple of MF from Real Zaragoza
  • Options
    that would make perfect sense getting players out as well as selling them to reduce the wage and then go and sign a premiership midfielder on 25k plus a week. Keep it
    locked in the top draw as I can't see it materailising
  • Options
    A loan with us only part-paying wages is possible.
  • Options
    Quashie would be more likely......not saying I particularly rate him.

If Racon is going to be out for any period of time, I guess another midfielder may well be on the cards. Especially if a certain Mr ZZ does a vanishing act. If we can get 2.5m for him I would like to see a decent percentage given back to Pardew. We keep hearing about this 5m figure......think we have met that now.

To be honest if we are in for anyone from West Ham I would hope it would be Mullins, Gabbidon or Collins. Given their injury situation I just don't see us signing anyone from them.

If we are looking for a short term fix at CB can i suggest Ian Pearce?. I think he has been released by Fulham. Has always been a steady player. Old head to guide the youngsters along. Injury record not too hot though....perhaps not.

I have a sneaky suspicion we might see another wide player come in. Just can't see Lloyd Sam contributing over the whole season. I'm hoping Bouazza will come good, however the supply line to the front two wide areas is looking like a real problem. Perhaps we will see a return to the old one wide man with the other tucked in (Graham Stuart)?.

The longer things go the more concerned I get. I just hope we don't jump in with a last minute panic signing a la Mustoe & Blomquvist all those years ago.
  • Options
    It would be fantastic to have those two in, particularly Bowyer but sadly highly unlikely too.
  • Options
    I saw it on Into The Valley message board aswell, looks as though reamsofverse just copy'npasted it from footyrumours.com

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/football-transfer-rumours/rumours2.php

It was posted on there 2 days ago.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer would be a fantastic boost to the side. Ability wise it would be fantastic for a player like him to come in and shake the skeletal remains of our midfield up. If he behaves himself all the better still! I would eat a carrot if it happens and I hate carrots.
  • Options
    Does Bowyer give a toss anymore? He must be minted and probably enjoys his premier league lifestyle, does he still have the desire to go toe to toe with players 15 years younger than him on a cold winters night? I know he's a Charlton product but can see this one being a huge gamble.
  • Options
    Having seen the list of midfielders at West Ham, with the exception of the continuously injured Dyer and possibly Noble, all West Ham's midfielder seem to be the combative types. It therefore doesn't surprise me that Curbs is trying to offload one or two.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That has to be one of the worst websites for rumours now I can see where all the red
    top journalists source their exclusive transfer news from, I had to laugh at the rumour of Pardew getting the sack within the next 28 days and his replacement; Mike Newell.
  • Options
    I've said it before and will say it again - if we resign that ****, then my season ticket is going straight back.
  • Options
    We should have signed Bowyer back years ago.

Can't see it happening now though
  • Options
    Id have him back

I can see Weegie's issue but football wise he'd could be the difference for us
  • Options
    We have been rumoured with Bowyer every year for the past four years.

It hasn't happened then, and unless Wham are willing to pay the bulk of his salary, which i think is unlikely, is unlikely to happen now.
  • Options
    Come on Smudge. Wheres your milk of human kindness gone ;)
  • Options
    Bowyer is likely to go to Stoke or Hull. Quashie I suppose is a possibility but again I can see hime going to a Prem club.
  • Options
    I've said it before and will say it again - if we resign that ****, then my season ticket is going straight back.

What a ridiculous thing to say.....I'd have Paul Gadd playing for us if he improved the team...
  • Options
    "I'd have Paul Gadd playing for us if he improved the team..."
    But would you have him attend a Jumior reds Christmas party?
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I would invite him to a Bmob ---Cupboard End function at the Con Club tho. Ill bring the rope and the petrol.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    petrol?...can we afford it?...
  • Options
    Bowyer is a nasty little toe rag, but he may have finally learnt his lesson, even if he hasn't he would add goals and bite to our side. If it is within our budget then do it.

Paul Gadd, burn him
  • Options
    I'd take Bowyer back on football grounds, agreed he is a nasty bit of work but then maybe the team needs a nasty on the pitch.
  • Options
    no thanks
  • Options
    we've been down that road before of signing older pros on their way out. we could use the money on better younger players.

who the hell is paul gadd
  • Options
    Paul Gadd is Gary Glitters real name
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    a scum bag

PS and withhis money his is hoping to pay off enough Thai officials so he can dispear into the out back. Its possible he pay just be able to do it unless the media keep him in spot light untill he is on plane.
  • Options
    Paul Gadd, I think not. Vile man.
  • Options
    Lee Bowyer to Paul Gadd in six steps ?
    Where does Kevin Bacon come into this ?
  • Options
    Kevin bacon's film CV includes "The Woodsman", in which he plays a recently released peado so the six degrees myth is still intact.