Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

windows vista question

edited August 2008 in Not Sports Related
got a new laptop a few weeks ago to replace the one I had thieved.

new one is windows vista and I keep having a problem with it . Most of the time when the cursor is over anything it's as if I have left clicked on the mouse and it goes to whatever the pointer is over , never had a windows laptop before so not sure if this is a laptop thing or just a windows thing as I never had this problem on my pc or my macbook.

Probably something easy for you I.T bods but it's driving me mad

Comments

• Look at how your mouse is set up - go into control panel and find the mouse control - this one runs Vista and so far.........no problems
  • why did you buy a PC (laptop) when you have a macbook? *waits for vitual slap*
  • edited August 2008
    cos after we were robbed we were then robbed again when the insurance wouldn't pay out so couldn't afford a decent macbook

will get one when much like last time the other halfs dad replaces his current one so we may get his with any luck

BDL I've tried the options they give me and no luck , believe me I wouldn't get a windows pc or latop again , nothing but trouble
  • BDLBDL
    edited August 2008
    Plug a USB mouse in and see what happens. Could be the sensitivity of the pad?

VA - TCHAKKKKK - one "virtual" slap delivered
  • just realised it happens when I tap the pad instead of the button , not sure if this is something I can turn off , aaarrrghhh!
  • You should be able to turn it down via your settings - if not buy a usb mouse and plug it in.
  • Do you have a touchpad icon at the foot of the screen?.

If so right click on it and choose properties.

You should be able to either switch of the problem or at the very least reduce the sensitivity.

Running vista on a new dell laptop and this was an issue for me until I fiddled with the settings.