Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crowd for Reading

I think it's gonna be about 18500. Just seen on Readings site they've sold less than 800 and have already returned 800 to sell on the day.

With it being on TV I think it will be well below 20000.

Comments

• Options
    Looking at the empt seats for Swansea I reckon the gate was well under that announced - I know its seats sold and all that....

As for Saturday? In the ground 17,000. Announced 19,000.
  • Options
    its bank holiday in august too don't expect too much
  • Options
    anyone with the stat on the last league game with a crowd below 20k ?
  • Options
    Plenty of our home games in the 1999/2000 season attracted less than 20k,after that it was prem fixtures which sold out at 20,043 without looking?

Could be wrong,but just guessing.
  • Options
    It's 'always' been difficult to determine crowds at the first couple of home games of the season as there are a lot of folk on their hol's....quite a few missing around me at the Swansea game for example....and as has already been mentioned, what with the game being on Sky as well as it being a bank holiday weekend, it's bound to have an effect.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    16,900 actual, 18,800 recorded
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Really surprised how few Reading have sold for this
  • Options
    Ahh but as OOh Aah will point out to you how many would we take there if it was early KO & on TV, few people could argue that we are in fact a bigger club than them !
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Personally I think the club have got it wrong charging full price on the tickets.

I can't imagine that too many will pay £25-£30 for a game that's on sky to be honest.

Might explain why Reading have sold so few.
  • Options
    not getting involved ketman , even tho i clearly am ;-) the numbers came out last year and our away support average was smaller than palaces and qpr... FACT
  • Options
  • Options
  • Options
    will be two down this sat as me and there mrs are heading to spain!! we had no trouble getting 20 pound tickets for the swans game altho my dad who is 68 got no discount in this area, cant see why u would you pay 30 quid when the 20's in the quads are perfectly fine. sat about 10 rows in front of GHE and his old man. think this payment plan will back fire apart from the palace game. couldnt get season tickets as the mrs will be giving birth in early Jan so will miss too many games. We will go to as many as we can as 40 quid for 2 aint that bad to watch the lads. also noticed loads of people comming from the more expensive north lover to sit in the NWQ once the heavens opend!!!
  • Options
    Me and 3 others who have season tickets won't be going as we're going to SW4. So there's 4 tickets accounted for but the seats will be empty.
  • Options
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    Well I feel a bit of a cheat posting this now as I know for a fact that the sold figure as at yesterday was around 19,200 so crowd will be well in Excess of 20,000 I would say nearer 21,250.
  • Options
    21747 actual 19990.
  • Options
    First game of the season for me tomorrow and looking forward to it.

Hoping to see plenty of Bailey and Dickson.
  • Options
    If we get over 20000 tomorrow (tickets sold) I think we have done well.
  • Options
    perhaps all the Reading fans are going to the festival
  • Options
    well under 20,000 seeing that its lunchtime kick-off on a bank holiday on Sky, about 16,500 to 18,000 cant see much bigger than that to be honest.
  • Options
    I think the Club will do all in their power to avoid announcing a crowd of less than 20,000 for psychological reasons.

The REAL Swansea attendance was less than 20,000 I reckon.