Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New home shirts sold out?

Is this true? anyone tried to buy one recently? I took up Paddy powers offer of a free shirt with a £40 bet of us finishing in the top 6 and have just recieved an e mail saying there are no shirts left and now have to wait until September. Is this a fob off or are they really all sold out?

Comments

• Options
    Seen plenty in JD Sports

Dont think that helps Paddy Power but they are out there
  • Options
    But on a brighter note the name and number printing machine is now working.
  • Options
    I bought one for my son before the Swansea game at JD Sports on Bugsby Way - they had loads but the club shop has sold out apparently.
  • Options
    is this the shirt that 'most people' thought were disgusting and conference league standard?

i know it wasn't most people, but that was the wording used by those who were saying it wouldn't sell....
  • Options
    yeah lets hope they don't produce anymore..

(just kidding)
  • Options
    Bexleyheath store had sold out when I went in on Friday.

Said theyw ere expecting more at the end of AUGUST.

Saw a few in JD, but I want to use my £5 off voucher...
  • Options
    Fair enough sounds as if they have really sold out then which I suppose is good but how many did they have in the first place? I wonder if Palarse or Millsmall have sold out of their shirts? ;o)
  • Options
    This has been done before.
    Because of the "late" sponsorship deal with JD, Joma did not have time to get the shirts ready for the start of the season. CAFC paid extra to get an initial delivery (not sure how many), with the next delivery due end August / early September.
    NB We shouldn't complain about the late sponsorship as WBA still haven't found anyone!
  • Options
    "is this the shirt that 'most people' thought were disgusting and conference league standard?"

That was me! I'll hold my hands up and admit it; I thought the new home strip was crap. I don't think my views represented the views of most fans at the time but I have to say that I stand well and truly corrected. I don't think I can remember a shirt being more widely worn by our fans. At Watford in particular, I couldn't believe how many fans were wearing the new strip, good to see.
  • Options
    I still think it looks crap, but then as I don't buy shirts it doesn't really bother me - it's just a shirt after all. As long as it's red then that'll do for me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Loads in JD at Bluewater..........

Still looks shoite IMO...
  • Options
    too much white on it rubbish looking shirt imo
  • Options
    was in the club shop on saturday morning, they had loads just had a delivery of them, all sizes, still no sign of the away kit, home looks just about ok, i wouldnt fork out 40 notes for one myslef got 2 training tee shirts for my hols for the price of the home shirt, no sponser on them so there timeless.
  • Options
    I didnt like it to start with but its grown on me anyway.....still didnt stop me buying it
  • Options
    Suzi, I think the initial photos didn't do the kit justice, and highlighted the horrible sponsor more than when you're looking at it normally, but the figures are massaged as a result of the club not getting the away kits in, in time, so a lot more homes sold, than normal.
  • Options
    Totally agree about the photos and on the original post, i did state that many times.
    no one has claimed it has been the fastest selling kit of all times, just that it has sold out of the initial stock. yes, there is no away stock as yet although personally I'd make my mind up regarding which shirt i preferred and would wait if it was the away shirt that I was going to purchase.
    I must say I have been surprised by the amount of this seasons shirts people have been wearing to games. it does seem like they're very popular, but of course, its only speculative, and doesn't mean a thing. i'll try to find out exactly how many have been sold.
  • Options
    I liked it when I saw the original pictures and I like it even more now Ive seen it "live" so to speak. I'm on the cusp of middle age so not necessarily the target market but to me it looks more of a casual wear than the old one which you would obviously wear to games but not necessarily out with your mates.
  • Options
    i have to say that it's one of my favourite home shirts we've had in a while
  • Options
    I see we're getting a new logo on the shirts for the Reading game :O