Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England

2»

Comments

• Options
    What's a basic salary in the NBA or NFL?

If you compare someone like Tom Brady with John Terry, then Brady is massively outearning Terry.

But I don't know what a point guard at the Minnisota Timerwolves are on
  • Options
    Sash only you could turn a thread our our National sport into one about Pointless sports that only America play :-)
  • Options
    Need something to get the game out of my system, not helped by some pissed up loon sitting behind me in the top tier who only used two words during the match.
  • Options
    What were the two words then mate ?
  • Options
    This is a family website, but I believe that you could put the two together and perfectly describe the ref from Saturday.

It's also what most people describe WSS as
  • Options
    LOL
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Rothko - Brady earns an average of $15million dollars a year so that's about GBP140k a week but then they only play about 16 games plus playoffs a year
  • Options
    12 more than Michael Owen then :-)
  • Options
    There just ain't a winning mentality imho. I just think the weight of the nations expectation wears too heavily on too many players shoulders. Who in the England camp apart from Barry in recent times has been playing well?

Rooney - hasn't played well for a couple of years
    Terry - too many mistakes
    Ashley Cole - too many mistakes
    Calamity - Nuff said
    Wes Browne - not good enough
    Beckham - No pace
    Bentley - No replacement yet for Beckham in his prime
    Gerrard - little sign of his Liverpool standard
    Lampard - Did he play yesterday? - I saw his name on the team sheet
    Judas Defoe - Still looks like he can't hit a cows arse with a banjo
    Joe Cole - A few decent cameo performances
    Ferdinand - Reasonable performances pf late

Most of the above players would be most peoples first choices yet they continue to under-perform. I just hope Capello can sort it out.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Bag of shite that was last night. Redknapp looked like he'd had a couple of liveners and gave a pretty good summary.

Rooney is now out of excuses for the way he is incapable of holding hs position, an enigman he may be but most teams can only afford to accomodate one player and we are trying to accomodate about 6.

Cappelo ot his credit looked pretty disgusted, but by picking a host of players who quite clearly were treating the game as some sort of mid week pre season friendly and not ones who would kill to wear the shirt with pride who may not be as good but would do as they are told and were picked on form (I know were only one week into the season but its a silly time for a friendly anyway).

I'm with Ketman, to see the national side of the country who invented the game like this breaks my heart but I became disillusioned a while ago.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "........
    Most of the above players would be most peoples first choices yet they continue to under-perform. I just hope Capello can sort it out."

Yeah, sort it aht, Caps!

;o)
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited August 2008
    How many of those players are really world class though.I think we all have and certainly our press have a really inflated opinion of our current players. I'd say we only have 2 world class players, Ferdinand and Gerrard. Don't get me wrong all the players are good players obviously but who would you put up there with, messi, henry, torres, kaka and even players in the dutch, and italian teams. I think we are a lot closer in quality to the Czechs, Croats etc than we are the Spains, Brazils, Argentinas and Hollands, particularly in tournaments when it matters. Is Ashley Cole really that good? He's a decent left back but he ain't no maldini!

For the record I lost a ot of my passion for the England team after the last world cup, it really dawned on me then that playing for England wasn't the be all and end all as it was for the like of Pearce, Butcher, Shilton, Brooking etc.
  • Options
    Owen is still a first class finisher, doubt he would be picked above a lot of international finishers though. Gerrard is world class for his club, Rooney is talented but a liability, Barry is solid yet unspectacular, Terry positions himself well and a threat at set pieces like any good centre half should be but not an international leader, Beckham still can put a dead ball exactly where he wants but has become pedestrian, which is hardly his fault at his age. Joe Cole wide left is like watching Thomas wide left, Wes Brown is a reserve but in his credit did ok last night. Ashley Cole is well Ashley Cole! James deserves his place on merit but is still capable of some howlers.

Agbonlahor, Richards, Michael Johnson, Ashley Young, Darren Bent, would all play if they were warming the bench for the top four
  • Options
    I lost interest in England games at the last world cup, it may have been before that a sort of gradual thing. To me representing your country has become a jolly or summer social event for the player and their other half’s.
    It may be a little naive of me but football is not a hard game to play. If you don’t want to lose or your players are technically lacking the last thing you want to do is to concede possession. But for the last 20 years we play 3/4 across passes in midfield then back to the centre half that will then lump long.
  • Options
    On that note, if anyone wants a flag taken to Andorra or Croatia give me a whisper!