Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Is it ok to shout at people wearing CAFC tops in the street?

I was walking through the streets of Vancouver this morning, all suited and booted, when I noticed a guy wearing a CAFC top and rainjacket. Now this isn't something you see everyday here in Vancouver so i was a little over excited and shouted at him "Oi Mate, Nice Jacket, Charllllllllton". I think I scared the sh*t out of him as he started walking at a rapid pace and hardly acknowledged me. So if the guy in question reads this site I'm sorry.

I did this to Chrissy Powell in the WHSmith at Victoria station once as well.

Anyone ever done the same thing?

Comments

• Options
    Mate i often shout at Sarf London Goonershit in the street. I think it frightens em. Or it might be the petrol can that does it ?
  • Options
    Bloke next door but one appeared outside one day wearing a redbus shirt whilst washing his car - shouted out to him, he blanked me. Turns out he's Lithuanian and doesn't speak a word of english, his daughter explained to my son that he wears the shirt to fit in with the English. Pity they're all Chel$ki down my road.
  • Options
    would not do it

But like you say other side of the world different matter
  • Options
    I shout at any traitor English people wearing the green & grey hoops of the east end of Glasgows great unwashed.
  • Options
    When we was on holiday in Florida saw a geezer with a shirt on and little Joe commented within earshot on it.That was it the geezer was on me like a leech wanting to talk Charlton I couldn't bloody get rid of him for about 1/2 hour.It was feckin painful.
  • Options
    was in thailand traveling out to an island called Koh Lipi (?) and we had to more up out at sea and wait for some sea gypsies to pick us up in long boats and take us onto the island, one of these guys had the old cream Mesh shirt on and i started shouting and hollowing at him, scared the shit out of him completely!!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    I only shout at Spanners who wear their shirts in the street....decorous modesty makes me guarded as to what it is that I shout at them!
  • Options
    i have the urge to mutter "up the addicks" if i see people but it is embarrassing in this country. If abroad then definitely.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    was a message hear then i could edit it , then it edit in wrong place bahhhhhh humbug.
  • Options
    A couple of years back, had a young bloke come in the office wearing a celtic shirt, mucking about with him I said something about I couldn't serve him, he laughes and said he won it in raffle and wasnt really a celtic fan, just wearing it as it was free, he then added he was actually a palarse fan, once I'd fallen off my chair and picked myself up with the shock I told him to turn around, go back out and come back in again whilst I composed myself, good job the guvnor wasn't around, the poor lad, double whammy, and he was ginger.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SoundAsa£ , surely its better to see Spanner and weasel shirts in Sarf London than plastic Chelski , manure and woolwich reject shirts ?
  • Options
    When I was about 14 we were in some posh restaurant in Portugal, open air but with a roof on it if you know what I mean. Some bloke walked past wearing a Charlton shirt and my mum screamed "CHAAAARRLLLTOOONNN!!". He didn't hear, but unfortunately everyone in the resteurant did. "Could you keep it down please madam."
  • Options
    Always say hello if I see a Charlton shirt....had a few interesting convos on planes and in airports (Singapore, Bangkok and Dubai). Ive had a few people approach me too especially when Ive been overseas.
  • Options
    I saw someone at Barcelona airport last week with a Charlton bag, so I asked him how we'd done against Yeovil - but it was actually his partner who was the Charlton fan and she told the expected news ... in fact I think I've seen her before, maybe a friend of yours Curb-It.

I wouldn't approach someone with the shirt on for the reason Steve enunciated!
  • Options
    Had a bloke talk to me about 10-12 year ago at Dublin airport about Kinsella as I was wearing the old cream MESH shirt
  • Options
    Had a bloke talk to me in a gents toilet once told him ti f**k off im not Palarse.
  • Options
    But it was in The Admiral Duncan......;-)
  • Options
    if i see customers in a charlton shirt while working (at sainsburys) then i say 'good choice of shirt' to them
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Good work GH. What do you shout at the gooners?
  • Options
    Just buying a ticket at the train station in Glasgow middle of the morning last Friday and a guy walks past in last season's seahawk and denim away shirt. Like Vancouver, I was on my way to a business meeting so all smart and dressed up.

"Hey, Charlton Fan!" I yelled.

Twice.

Then his wife, following behind, got his attention for me. (A bit embarrassing otherwise!) We had a quick chat - they were on a weekend break in Scotland - the father and one of the daughters are regulars at The Valley. Could have happily chatted for a bit longer, but then realised I was in danger of missing my train...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    My brother just got back from holiday and Bulgaria.

He said people kept coming up to him while he was wearing his Charlton shirt and say with a big smile "Kishishev".

I occasionally shout at people wearing Charlton shirts normally between 3pm and 4.45pm on a Saturday afternoon
  • Options
    Was cycling down one of the roads next to the New Den a few weeks ago when i saw a kid wearing our latest shirt.

He was mucking about with a few other kids who were wearing the usual (Gooners, Man U and a Millwall top) so i shouted "up the addicks".

the kids face was a picture - he was well chuffed!
  • Options
    Had just got back from watching a local band play in Basildon. Stopped off at another pub along the way to have a young girl run at me full pelt to tell me that her boyfriend also supported the Addicks. She seemed utterly shocked that there was more of us in Essex.
  • Options
    Not quite the same but - I worked in Singapore for a few months at start of Dowies reign.
    We used to drink in a locals pub next door to our appartments where they also showed the footy and they all laughed when I told them which 'EPL' club I supported. On my last but one day there, which was also my birthday, had arranged to pop in and play darts and cards with them in the bar, and they had pinned up a Charlton shirt on the ceiling in my honour.No idea where they got hold of it. Then they took all my money in a strange Singaporean card game !!!
  • Options
    Also, not quite the same but:

standing in line in a Dulles Airport parking lot waiting for a shuttle bus to the departure gate for a flight to Las Vegas, the father of a British family concluding their American vacation behind us tapped my shoulder and asked where I got the Addicks baseball cap on my head. When I replied that I bought it outside the Valley, he turned to my wife and said, "Because if someone got that for him as a gift, that's a cruel, cruel joke."

in January of this year, we had just landed in Baltra and I was reading the OS's report of ZZ's performance in the home fixture against Blackpool on my blackberry when I looked up to see an older gent staring at me. He said, pointing to my hat, "do you support Charlton?" "Up the Addicks" I replied, to wit he said, "Why? They're horrible" and walked away to his tour bus leaving my wife and sisters to laugh at me for the duration of our trip to Puerto Villamil.
  • Options
    No idea where they got hold of it.

From what I can remember just about every club has their shirts pirated in Asia. Prolly cost them a few Sing $$ and was made in a back street factory somewhere.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Red Fraggle[/cite]Had just got back from watching a local band play in Basildon. Stopped off at another pub along the way to have a young girl run at me full pelt to tell me that her boyfriend also supported the Addicks. She seemed utterly shocked that there was more of us in Essex.

Blimey, that's three of us then! ;0)
  • Options
    I was at (ducks for cover) the MLS All-Star game in Toronto earlier this summer, and wore my 10 quid special Llanera jersey to combat the inevitable hordes of United/Arsenal/etc./etc. and for my trouble heard two "Up the Addicks!". I did get abused by a lot of West Ham supporters, but muttering "too big to go down" seemed to shut them up.