Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Defender Recruitment

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
since the Gravesend friendly, before the squad went to Spain, Pards said he was desperately looking for a couple of new defenders and he hoped to get some in soon although before the squad departed for Spain was probably too early.

Five weeks later ................. This is now becoming a joke and none expected before the weekend says Pards although we are 'working' on a couple of fronts. Doesn't look like any Pompey loans/exchanges are on the horizon either. What a mess.

Comments

• Options
    You know the full details of course?
  • Options
    If no one comes in before the end of the transfer window, then i would agree with the mess comment. Still got a week yet. Chill Winston.
  • Options
    in an interview on the OS he says that hopefully by the end of next week he should have who he wants
  • Options
    Sodje was due to come I think but is injured, so that was just tough luck.

I think Cranie has been injured too - also you are reliant on a chain, the clubs you hope to get a player on loan from often need to get their targets in first, so with the best will in the world things can be delayed due to circumstances yiou have no control over.
  • Options
    Pompey have signed young traore from Arsenal on loan for the season, so maybe the Crainie deal could happen.
  • Options
    Large...who knows what's going on mate...but one thing we are all going to have to learn is patience in the next year or two.Gone are the days when we can simply go out an snap our fingers at all and sundry(well to an extent that is), for the time being we're in there with the 'also rans' I'm afraid to say.
    As a matter of fact there's no one more impatient by nature than your's truly....it's hard to take but ultimately what choice do we have.
    I still have a sneaky suspicion that we may do a bit of loan business with Pompey or Wet Spam.