Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Martin Christensen

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
What has happened to him - is he still at the club?

With Thomas gone, Wagstaff on loan and Ambrose injured we are a little short for wide options at the moment (like every other position at the moment!).

Comments

• Options
    seems to have fallen off the radar doesnt he...
  • Options
    He was injured, another one with a bad knee injury like McLeod, Todorov and Sinclair.

Should see him appear for the reserves soon, or maybe go out on loan. Hasn't been mentioned in a while, have no idea if Pardew rates him.
  • Options
    He did fairly well at Heracles I believe

I also liked the look of him if thats any consolation
  • Options
    looked pretty poor the couple of times i saw him and think he only made the bench at Heracles most of the time so my guess is he will be heading out of the club once fit.
  • Options
    Saw him pull-up in a really flash Mercedes convertible before the yeovil game, makes you laugh really, haven't got anything against him personally, but he hasn't done a thing, yet that poor bloke who swam his nuts off for a silver in the Olympics today probably drives a crap motor and makes penauts!
  • Options
    * Scoham
    * CommentTime4 hours ago

He was injured, another one with a bad knee injury like McLeod, Todorov and Sinclair.

*********************************************************************************************************

Did his anterior cruciate ligament back in the Spring, as Sco says.

Before he went on loan in Holland, the vibe was Charlton management were a bit disappointed in him.
  • Options
    Swisdom: "I also liked the look of him if thats any consolation"

No one wants to know you who you fancy! ;-)
  • Options
    Should have added I think he was in the crowd watching the Yeovil match. Gray and Hudson were sitting together with another player, Aswad Thomas was there as was Therry Racon. Pretty sure it was Christensen who I also saw.
  • Options
    He looked totally disinterested when introduced as a late sub during the Sporting Braga game last season.

I would expect a new, young player to be eager to impress so perhaps he has a questionable attitude.

Harsh to judge him purely on that 15 minutes or so though.
  • Options
    Don't take this as gospel but I believe he's gone back permanently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wouldn't surprise me, Soundas.

I believe we've more or less had him on 'trial' for just a small fee - but if he breaks into the 1st team we have to stump up the rest of around £250,000.

Management has no doubt of his ability, but he's not really performed to expectations in matches - so there's doubt whether making the gamble is in our interests, especially in this financial climate where he just becomes another inconsistant 'luxury' player.

Pards has repeatedly said that he wants hungry enthusiastic players - and maybe Christiansen has yet to fall into that category?
  • Options
    i thought they were talking him up recently.
  • Options
    he's a winger isn't he?

"no end product" - then.
  • Options
    All this talk about Yassin reminds me of that other “wonder kid” – The Danish Ronaldo © Mr Christiansen.

Whilst it doesn’t look like his career has been an unbridled success at Rimini Calcio (currently mid-table in Lega Pro Prima Divisione B, which I think is the equivalent of our League One) having made only four appearances he has managed to obtain a new name, Ceduto, which is infinitely more than he achieved in his 2 and half years at Charlton.

Christiansen

FYI - the kit he's wearing is made but the supplier who is rumoured to be producing our stuff next season, and I think it looks very dapper.
  • Options
    It does that. I note he's only pulled it on 4 times. Worst signing ever?
  • Options
    22 matches in nearly 6 seasons no goals and he is a winger.

Thank you Mr Pardew for aloowing us to pay this waste of space £5k a week for so long!

:-(
  • Options
    Blimey have Verona fallen as far as C1, didn't hey win the league about 20 years ago with a really great Dane Jan Proben Elkear (i know spelling is miles off)? Suppose its the equivelant of leeds being in the 3rd division.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LenGlover[/cite]22 matches in nearly 6 seasons no goals and he is a winger.
    Maybe he's got loads of assists ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]FYI - the kit he's wearing is made but the supplier who is rumoured to be producing our stuff next season, and I think it looks very dapper.

Looks like Blackburn Rovers away kit ;o)

Ceduto ..... that translates in Italian as 'waste of space', I believe.
  • Options
    I sat next to his agent and his dad a couple of times on the run up to signing him.

What a pair of c**ts.

Bigged him up constantly (even though he was sat next to them!)

Both of them seemed really excitable, chatted a lot and must have had very small bladders as they kep nipping off to the loo.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Blimey have Verona fallen as far as C1, didn't hey win the league about 20 years ago with a really great Dane Jan Proben Elkear (i know spelling is miles off)? Suppose its the equivelant of leeds being in the 3rd division.
    Had a decent side recently too with the likes of Laursen and Mutu starting off in Italy, there. Financial meltdown and mental fans: yup it's Leeds
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Mortimerician[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: Cordoban Addick[/cite]Blimey have Verona fallen as far as C1, didn't hey win the league about 20 years ago with a really great Dane Jan Proben Elkear (i know spelling is miles off)? Suppose its the equivelant of leeds being in the 3rd division.[/quote]
    Had a decent side recently too with the likes of Laursen and Mutu starting off in Italy, there. Financial meltdown and mental fans: yup it's Leeds[/quote]

i think theres a couple of clubs in verona though, chievo and hellas, not sure what that one is though
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: se9addick[/cite]FYI - the kit he's wearing is made but the supplier who is rumoured to be producing our stuff next season, and I think it looks very dapper.

Looks like Blackburn Rovers away kit ;o)

Ceduto ..... that translates in Italian as 'waste of space', I believe.

Google Translate says it translates as "Sold"