Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    good move all round. Groom Robbo and Chris to be the next managemnt duo. Chris's enthusiasm should wake some from their slumber !!
  • Options
    I would have thought that Kinsella, whose been coaching at Walsal, would be ahead of him but wouldn't say no to Chris.
  • Options
    yes yes yes, good move charlton get him back, he is legend
  • Options
    edited November 2006
    I think a proven Defensive coach (i.e. not Powell) is required with extreme urgency!! Would love Kinsella in there somewhere too though, and Chrissy one day.
  • Options
    Great news!!
  • Options
    Please let it be so.

It is interesting the upswing in postings alluding to a sort of "golden era" of Premiership Charlton - i.e. Rufus, Kinsella, Robbo, Chris Powell, Steve Brown etc.

It was an absolute joy to see Chris Powell at the Watford game. Needless to say, he applauded the Watford fans first - who would expect anything else from CP - but I think that the Valley then went on to prove to the Hornets that we need him more than they do!

Incidentally, I thought that it was a very generous gesture of Aidy Boothroyd to bring Chris on for the last minute so that he could take a bow.
  • Options
    From the BBC's paper round-up:

"Chris Powell has ruled out a return to his former club Charlton as part of Les Reed's coaching team. (Daily Express)"

Boo!