Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Primus set to sign

2»

Comments

• Options
    I'm pleased he's coming. He's got a great attitude and I think it will be helpful.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Oggy Red[/cite][p]And Michael Turner playing for Hull City in the Prem this season ..... Curbs let him go and he joined Brentford.[/p]

Hull fans are saying he should be picked for England.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: bingaddick[/cite][p]Hull fans are saying he should be picked for England.[/p]

Hull fans think Dean Windass should play for England
  • Options
    Brentford fans were amazed that we let him go.
  • Options
    So was I, Fish was saying at a meeting once that Turner was really good and that high things were expected of him. The next thing you know his at Brentford
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Carter[/cite]Hull fans think Dean Windass should play for England

Hull Fans and thinking surely thats an oxymoron
  • Options
    Spoke to my Primus contact last night, who had previously told me "Linvoy wont be coming to you", and confirmed that Linvoy is coming next week.

At the moment, Linvoy doesn't seem to know how long it is for, but could end up being the whole season.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: trickyrickycafc[/cite][p]........ but could end up being the whole season.[/p]

That's what the OS article said.
  • Options
    Great signing for me. Bags of experience, will suit the physical side of this division, particularly when Fortune has one of those funny turns.
  • Options
    Dont be surprised if Crainie joins us as well.......We have first refusal if he isnt sold before the window closes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I love Pards interview about Primus "He's a former player and loved by the fans" err a bit strong there Al.
  • Options
    LINVOY PRIMUS ! ! !

A poor mans Richard Rufus.
    Still,beggars can't be choosers.

Welcome home Linvoy.
  • Options
    Hopefully it will be like Mills re joining us last season and gave the whole place a lift. Obviously would not want it to end the way Mills did.
  • Options
    Hopefully this means Fortune can warm the bench again
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Mr-Invisible[/cite][p]Hopefully this means Fortune can warm the bench again[/p]

That's a bit unfair my man...he had a good 'un yesterday.
  • Options
    [p]i remember his early performances and he always looked a real prospect. I seem to remember he played in 2 televised games for us and won MOM in both. All the fans were excited about this new prospect....then at the end of the season Curbs gave him away on a free - i seem to remember him saying he did not have enough stamina to get through games or something strange like that. Anyway Curbs didn't make very many bad decisions but that one was up with buying big Bent![/p]

Pretty sure I read that we could only afford to keep one of Rufus or Primus at the time.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    Thought Fortune played well on Saturday. He won a lot of balls in the air & was totally dominant apart from that rather soft penalty. He also played a couple of glorious 40 yard passes. If he can just maintain his concentration, he is a good defender. I thought he was the better of the two centre halves on Saturday, just edging out Hudson in this one.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Red_Pete[/cite]Thought Fortune played well on Saturday. He won a lot of balls in the air & was totally dominant apart from that rather soft penalty. He also played a couple of glorious 40 yard passes. If he can just maintain his concentration, he is a good defender. I thought he was the better of the two centre halves on Saturday, just edging out Hudson in this one.[/cite]

That'll be Jon Fortune summed up, one great game, attacking everything, then the week later he'll let one bounce and goal conceded.

The thing on Forchs side is he has some pace, and that suits Hudson
  • Options
    Sounds like we may have jumped the gun a little with the details of this deal.

Primus till Xmas
  • Options
    probably a recall clause for January window so may technically not be a season long loan, yet. Personally I'm not that happy with this one. Out all last season injured and currently recovering from a groin op. At 34 there must be a doubt over his fitness. Would have preferred Cranie.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And we could get Cranie as well.

You wanted a defended, and we got one, and you still complain? Did your brother give you instructions to be the family misery while he was away?
  • Options
    Saucer of milk, Rothko....... meee-ow!

;o)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]And we could get Cranie as well.

You wanted a defended, and we got one, and you still complain? Did your brother give you instructions to be the family misery while he was away?

ooh, get you. Sorry, didn't realise I couldn't call into question the validity of a signing. I know that Cranie is a possibility as well but that hangs upon whether he is snapped up on a permanent deal or not. For your info I do not speak for Golfie and nor, frankly, would I want to. He was at the game Saturday and saw our tremendous performance which you should have gathered by his lack of comment on here.
  • Options
    So who else would you have signed that was available? He'll do a job in this divison.

And I've had a c*** of a weekend, so I'm slightly less tolerant of this kind of nit picking
  • Options
    I am happy, we have a young side now many of whom were part of last season's demise and every strong minded senior pro we can get in will help us face up to the challenge this season.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So who else would you have signed that was available? He'll do a job in this divison.

I have a few worries about his recent injury record, but if he stays fit then he'll be a solid signing.
  • Options
    Rothko, not exactly nitpicking and I agree that he will do a job in this division if fit but on the evidence of the last twelve months that is a big IF. Time will tell of course.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So who else would you have signed that was available? He'll do a job in this divison.

And I've had a c*** of a weekend, so I'm slightly less tolerant of this kind of nit picking[/quote]

You sound like a headmistress...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]So who else would you have signed that was available? He'll do a job in this divison.

And I've had a c*** of a weekend, so I'm slightly less tolerant of this kind of nit picking

and you're a crushing bore
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Fishnets[/cite]

and you're a crushing bore

On yer bike...