Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Half time anti violence video

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Was anyone else choked up by the video and the appearance of the parents of the murdered lad

Comments

• Options
    Who wouldn't be..............apart from someone like Frankie Valley that is.
  • Options
    Bloke next to me was wiping tears from his eyes. Very moving.

Probably a bit unfair, but I couldn't help wondering why there were so many top-level OB on the pitch. Never there when you need them but they turn up mob-handed for a photo shoot.
  • Options
    Yep over here too, the sun was so bright I had to put my sunny`s back on!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][p]Never there when you need them but they turn up mob-handed for a photo shoot.[/p]

And they would most likely drive like Med Hughes to get there.
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][p]Bloke next to me was wiping tears from his eyes. Very moving.[/p][p]Probably a bit unfair, but I couldn't help wondering why there were so many top-level OB on the pitch. Never there when you need them but they turn up mob-handed for a photo shoot.[/p]

I understand the joke but that's a bit of a cheap shot. The police have a massive vested interest in reducing these sorts of crimes and it's right and proper that they should be signed up publically to them.

Well done to the club for taking on this project and yes I was moved by Mr and Mrs Knox.
  • Options
    As I said Bing, "probably a bit unfair" - but did it really need the six or seven of them there all getting in on the act? I certainly don't think it was a "cheap shot" or a "joke" at all. I was being perfectly serious and don't find it remotely funny.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][p]As I said Bing, "probably a bit unfair" - but did it really need the six or seven of them there all getting in on the act? I certainly don't think it was a "cheap shot" or a "joke" at all. I was being perfectly serious and don't find it remotely funny.[/p]

Fair enough, I apologise if I mis-judged your comment. I wasn't trying to suggest that you found the subject funny, just the bit about the Police. I think there were a number of them there because it covers not just the Met but also Kent as well.
  • Options
    No worries Bing.

I actually live just down the road from where the Knox lad was killed and as a father of one (soon to be two - Wolves at home!), stuff like that deeply concerns me - particularly when it's on your own doorstep.

Good on Charlton to take a lead on this sort of thing. It's stuff like this that still marks us out as being different from the rest and is something of which we can all be rightly proud.
  • Options
    This initiative is being relayed to all London boroughs, through the church as well.

This email has been sent to me.

Dear Friends, just to update you with respect to the all 33 London Boroughs Prayer Relay which is coming to our borough on the 26th August. If you have not received the details I attach them once more. The local presses have picked up the initiative and will be covering this event at Trinity Baptist Church. I informed the Borough Commander about the Borough wide Prayer relay coming to Bexley and he insisted on coming along to be with us all.

I am sorry if you receive this twice or have already received this flyer from TBB. I believe the witness of the church coming all together and responding in such a way, which of course is the best way we know how, will be a powerful compliment to what we are already involved in through Lark, Spark, Street Pastors, Chaplaincy and many other activities where we are embracing social action. It is clear that the church is coming out from the shadows of being side lined and are being looked to more and more for our influence, action and involvement in our fractured youth and beyond. I am sure we are all aware just how much God is blessing this borough through what His church is doing, Let us through our numbers show a united church across all denominations in our determination to bring about change and to make a difference through this time of Prayer Worship and Word together.

Blessings

Regards,

REV'D MARTIN SEYMOUR.

Associate Pastor, TRINITY BAPTIST CHURCH, BELVEDERE BAPTIST CHURCH,

Divisional Borough Chaplain METROPOLITAN POLICE SERVICE.

London Prayer Relay for Peace
    Event Details:
    @ Trinity Baptist Church Bexleyheath@ 7pm.
    Event Description:
    A wide alliance of London Churches is coming together for 33 nights of prayer in every borough in London. This chain reaction will started on Friday, 1st of August at Emmanuel Evangelical Church in Westminster and will run through to 2nd of September at Freedom's Ark in Haringey.
    The key focus of the prayers will be gun and knife related matters. There will be:
    • Prayers for young people
    • Prayers for councils, organisations and charities engaged with young people (local and city-wide
    • Prayers for the Peace (Shalom) of our local communities and City
    • Prayers against the spiritual agents and forces influencing young people and perpetuators of crime/related vices
    • Prayers for the churches in London to engage with the issues and young people within/outside the Church.

The Prayer relay will reach The Borough of Bexley on the 26th August at Trinity Baptist Church, Bexleyheath DA6 7AY and the evening will start at 7pm and will go on until 10pm.
    Please let your church know about this important prayerful event on both Sundays, 17th,24th leading up to the 26th. Please let them know they can come and stay for a part or the whole of this evening of prayer and worship.
    Premier radio will be announcing, supporting and driving this Prayer Relay through its regular features.
  • Options
    Having lost a member of my family last year through a stabbing it was very moving.