Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Matty Hollands goal...question for ya.

edited August 2008 in General Charlton
Just looked on the main site and it says that was his first goal at The Valley for four and a half years....is that correct..... 'cos it scarcely seems possible?

Comments

• Options
    Looks that way, has got a few away, still better record than Rommedahlever achieved, think he only ever scored in a friendly at the Valley
  • Options
    Scored in the P*rker inspired win against Chelsea in the 'di Canio' season..... our 2nd goal, if I remember.

Wasn't just great to put 4 past the 'buy success at any price' club? Still get a warm fuzzy muzzy feeling thinking about it!

Home to Coventry last season, Matty hammered the mother & father of a long range volley against the crossbar.
    Also, home to Bristol City, late on he hit a vicious strike from outside the box, beat the keeper all ends up, but 2 yards off the line struck Varney in the face and looped over the bar ...... nearly killed poor Lukey, lol
  • Options
    commentator said the very thing on the game yesterday and said he must be 28-1 wouldn't that be a great bet or words to that effect.

logged on to paddy power and he was indeed 28-1 so whilst i fannied about trying to log on to my paddy power account to stick a couple a quid on the fecker went and scored. LOL

C'est la vie
  • Options
    oooh that match against Chelski was glorious!

Four and a half years that seems far to long, however Holland does play in a defensive Middfield/Middfield position doesn't he so it would be harder for him to score?
  • Options
    That was only Matt Holland's 4th goal at The Valley since he joined us. The other 3 were all in his debut season vs Chelsea, Boro and Birmingham.

Here's one for the statto's out there - Hameur Bouazza was the 91st different player to score at The Valley for Charlton since we returned in 1992 (own goals not included).
  • Options
    I thought you were going to say ..... "name the other 90"!
  • Options
    edited August 2008
    LOL. I think I'll wait until we hit 100 before posting a quiz!

13 have managed it since the start of last season, so it shouldn't be too long until it happens...
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure Matty scored against Middlesbrough at The Valley in either 2003/4 or 2004/5.

We won it 1-0 anyway i think.